Seeking Insurance Agent / Company: Puerto Plata or Sosúa

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
New to the North Coast. Any recommendation for insurance agent/company for auto insurance - Puerto Plata or Sosua?
We are licenced insurance agents for auto and health insurance. We can easily do a quote for you

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Universal is good, although I switched to Mapfre. (They're office is near Jumbo in POP.) I'm very happy with them.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Universal is good, although I switched to Mapfre. (They're office is near Jumbo in POP.) I'm very happy with them.
Have you ever filed a claim with them?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Have you ever filed a claim with them?
I have had Universal for about 10 years. I only take the 'Ley" insurance as the money I save comes close to a new car after 10 years. Anyway a Moto crashed into me and he was hurt. They payed for his knee operation and any other medical needs. I paid nothing. So they did their job. And this is insurance that costs a ham sandwich.............Adding they took care of the paper work and I had no problems with the Fiscal or anyone else. I recommend.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have had Universal for about 10 years. I only take the 'Ley" insurance as the money I save comes close to a new car after 10 years. Anyway a Moto crashed into me and he was hurt. They payed for his knee operation and any other medical needs. I paid nothing. So they did their job. And this is insurance that costs a ham sandwich.............Adding they took care of the paper work and I had no problems with the Fiscal or anyone else. I recommend.
I agree. I was asking David about Mapfre.

I have quite a bit of experience with Mapfre and none of it was pleasant.

David B

Aug 31, 2017

Yes, for me paying for Full insurance didn't make sense because cost of repairs is often so low, I cam pay out of pocket for the money I save on premiums.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I and several of my friends use Franz Scheichl and his team in Sosua and find them helpful. He is German but speaks good English. His number is 809 571 3360.