seems like Dr has come to a hault...

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Put the nuclear power plant in Puerto Rico...

The idea of nuclear energy for the DR is not a bad one but I would like the benefits and not the risks so put the nuclear power plant in Puerto Rico and
send us the energy via underwater cables to a distribution center in the east coast.

Since the First World would not let the DR have nuclear energy, it makes even more sense to have it in Puerto Rico which is US soil!

In any case, the problem is not energy per se since there is enough generating capacity installed to take care of the DR's needs. The problem is the culture of all governments in the DR of obtaining services and then not wanting to pay. If all bills were paid up we would be having plenty of energy.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
We already have plenty of capacity to create the energy we need. We just don't have the money to buy the fuel to run the plants. With higher start up costs for a nuclear plant, where would the money come from?

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
Cheap juice

An extended family member from the US was part of a group that met with Hippos crew two years ago with a proposal to generate power for Santo Domingo by burning garbage.
Amazing the resistance they got from parties tied to the existing generator cartel. Plus the high price they would have to pay for the garbage! I need not mention the line of azzholes with their hands out. After the third trip they said screw it and went home and pizzed their money away on some cockeyed condo/townhouse project in Florida with a great return.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Jerry K said:
An extended family member from the US was part of a group that met with Hippos crew two years ago with a proposal to generate power for Santo Domingo by burning garbage.
Amazing the resistance they got from parties tied to the existing generator cartel. Plus the high price they would have to pay for the garbage! I need not mention the line of azzholes with their hands out. After the third trip they said screw it and went home and pizzed their money away on some cockeyed condo/townhouse project in Florida with a great return.

That is business in the DR. Foreignors can bring $500,000 and start a project that should cost $100,000. By the time they are broke, they are not 50% done. Welcome to life in the tropics.

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
Cheaper way

Take a Yacht put and RPG on it and fire on the Base at GITMO or the Coast Guard Staition at PR. Hide a bunch of BOTOX in the power plants and declare you are going to poisen the American water supply. Now yo have WMD at no cost. The US invades and rebuiilds all the roads water plants and everyone is happy.
John
P.S. anyone need to know how to make botox I as a good redneck right wing extrememist know.