Sell car still in financing?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The last car I bought new was a Nissan Quashkai full. I looked in Supercarros for the car I wanted and the price. Then I went to a dealer in Higuey that sold Nissan's and told him the car and model I wanted. He looked it up and gave me a price that was the same as most of the ones I saw. But there was one dealer in SD that had what I wanted for 1,000 less. I showed it to the boss and he lowered the price immediately. I got the car I wanted, the color I wanted, and the price I wanted from the dealer in Higuey with no problems of any kind.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
The last car I bought new was a Nissan Quashkai full. I looked in Supercarros for the car I wanted and the price. Then I went to a dealer in Higuey that sold Nissan's and told him the car and model I wanted. He looked it up and gave me a price that was the same as most of the ones I saw. But there was one dealer in SD that had what I wanted for 1,000 less. I showed it to the boss and he lowered the price immediately. I got the car I wanted, the color I wanted, and the price I wanted from the dealer in Higuey with no problems of any kind.

Same with mine, same price as in Santo Domingo...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My Experience

I bought a car afew years ago... used.. hunted it up on SuperCarros... an SD dealer.

Went to SD, test drove and negotiated... accepted the deal.

Wired the money to the dealer and picked it up a few days later
they did all the paperwork

it was an 'armchair' buy after the test drive trip.

Caribe Tours to SD.... dealer picks me up , shakes my hand and i drive off.

Never, ever private buy/sell for me..... just me. I guess

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
My Experience

I bought a car afew years ago... used.. hunted it up on SuperCarros... an SD dealer.

Went to SD, test drove and negotiated... accepted the deal.

Wired the money to the dealer and picked it up a few days later
they did all the paperwork

it was an 'armchair' buy after the test drive trip.

Caribe Tours to SD.... dealer picks me up , shakes my hand and i drive off.

Never, ever private buy/sell for me..... just me. I guess

Yep, I will deal only with a dealer, for sure.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I sold a car to a friend. I used the same dealer that I bought the new car from to help with the paper work. He had someone go with me and we got it all in order. Gave him a nice Propina for it.

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
If you buy from a big dealer are you pretty much safe from the car having any issues like money owed or it being a stolen car? Can you be confident the paper work they complete will be in order and you will have no issues?

I do not mean the car being in an accident or flood or stuff like that. More you wont have any issues like the nightmares I have heard about land titles and such.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That's the whole point, Mark............. eliminates the scam effect

A reputable dealer..... NdeC was mine... excellent service.
Any one of the big dealers in SD, STI..... is my suggestion