sending money from MD to DR

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Regrets for the Boca Chica

Rick, wish I could change my handle too. I would like to, since I'm not the veteran that you are. Doubt that I'll be spending much time in BC anymore. The wife see's it as a major rip off-- like the capital is a bargain!!! HB has it right. Gather the friends and family and head to Juan Dolio or Guannyes? Would like to check out the southwest, apparently accoms. are not to be had. oh well. good to read your posts. Just wonderding.-- does Canada have an Independcence Day?? sp?

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
Sending Money

Damn Canuk- messed up my train wu thought. Anyway, to go back to an earlier post, with the guy from CITIBANK. I checkd with Bank of America today. It's no problem. just open up another checking acct. no fees. no min. different pin. just let them know the card is going to be used in the DR. (I have a small mortgage with them.) and everyting is good. Accts. don't have to be tied in . So, was that you on the beach for hurrricance I? a couple yrs. ago that wanted to bust my balls for being an American?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
boca chica dave said:
Rick, wish I could change my handle too. I would like to, since I'm not the veteran that you are. Doubt that I'll be spending much time in BC anymore. The wife see's it as a major rip off-- like the capital is a bargain!!! HB has it right. Gather the friends and family and head to Juan Dolio or Guannyes? Would like to check out the southwest, apparently accoms. are not to be had. oh well. good to read your posts. Just wonderding.-- does Canada have an Independcence Day?? sp?

July 1st is our day called Canada Day (used to be called Dominion Day). Have you SEEN Guyacanes? It looks like Beirut after the bombing.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If you guys are going to start a

Pi$$ing contest on the relative merits of BC vs. Guayacanes (spelled correctly, BTW), please open another thread, huh?

I agree that the bank-to-bank thing with an ATM if probably the best route.

BCDAVE??: You can email Dolores (on this site) for all the info you will ever need on the Southwest. She is almot biblical in her knowledge of the who, where and what to see and do.
Adventerous? Look up Robert's post on driving the Dominican Haitian border between Jiman? and Pedernales!

"Pollo" = Something to be plucked. Get the picture?? Pleeeze!

HB :p:p:p

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I am not denigrating GC other than the fact I was there last summer and it was a great beach and apparently no infrastructure of anything to speak of anywhere. The hurricane damage was unbelievable and there didn't seem to be much activity in regards to doing anything about it.

bertgilbert

Feb 1, 2005
spaces.msn.com
does Canada have an Independcence Day?? sp?[/QUOTE]

boca chica dave said:

Nope, it has Canada day, July first