Sending money to DR from a foreign Country

Nov 16, 2005
WWW.TRANS-PAQ.COM
Westurn Union,

KeithUK said:
I have used Western Union many times. It is perfectly safe but from the UK they will only pay out in pesos I tried for it to be paid out in dollars and they refused stating that it could only be paid out in the currency of the country you send it to.
THEY HAVE A SCAM, WORLDWIDE, THAT IS HOW THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY,
CHARGE YOU A HIGHER RATE WHEN YOU SEND AND GIVE A LOWER RATE OF EXCHANGE TO THE PEOPLE WHO RECIEVE...................YOU HAVE OTHER OPTIONS FROM ENGLAND,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,CHECK OUT RIA ENVIA OR UNO MONEY TRANFERS.......................THEY CHARGE LESS AND LET YOU BENEFICIARY RECIEVE IN US OR PES0S................
SORRY HAD TO REPLY,
IT MY BUSINESS IN CANANDA

CLAUDIA

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
karenssp said:
How safe is it to send money to DR from a foreign country?

It's safe if they are known loke western union. You can use Money Gram however they are more complicated and slow.

karenssp

Jul 28, 2004
Transfering the money for a rainy day!!

ricktoronto said:
It may take a long time, can't be picked up like WU can as easily, and may cost as much anyway. If this is money to some fellow then WU is likely the simplest choice. Or a competitor like Vigo, etc.

Sorry for not replying soooooon. busy with other things. I should have been much clearer about what Iwas saying. I plan on opening a bank account in DR. When I return home, I will be sending money via transfer to my DR bank account. Will my money be safe, and what is a reliable bank? ( I thinking of Scotia Bank)This money will be for retirement or future trips.

azabache

Apr 25, 2006
Sending Money to the DR

karenssp said:
How safe is it to send money to DR from a foreign country?

I've been using this company for several years with nary a headache. Prices are much cheaper than Western Union and they deliver it to the recipients door within 24 hours. Send from your home computer early in the morning and it will be delivered on the same day. Additionally, you get a free 5 minute phone call on amounts sent of more than $150.

Drawbacks: For those of you who need to send large amounts, there's a sending limit of $300 a week.
You must have an AOL address to sign up and send with this company.
https://cashpin.aol.com/spa/index.asp

franberu

Apr 5, 2002
From Montreal there is a good and unexpansive way

There is an office on B?langer Street, close to St-Denis where you can send money to DR and you are sure it will be delivered the next day to the adress you give them. The cost is the best one I ever seen.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I just found out that if you live in the US, you send money via the Post Office for a flat fee of $10US for up to $1,000US. I'm not sure of how much they gouge you on the exchange rate or where the recipient picks up the money in the DR, but on the surface it sounds like a good deal.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
rellosk said:
I just found out that if you live in the US, you send money via the Post Office for a flat fee of $10US for up to $1,000US. I'm not sure of how much they gouge you on the exchange rate or where the recipient picks up the money in the DR, but on the surface it sounds like a good deal.

Sounds easy enough and a great rate for the sender, but where/how would the $ be received in the DR?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It seems to me that a simple cash deposit (Check) mailed throught Registered Mail or sent to a branch in the US would be smarter.

For example Banco Popular has offices in Miami and New York City. If you opened an account with Banco Popular Dominicano here in the DR, make arrangements to deposit in BPD in Miami and then have the funds transferred (electronically) to the DR account, I don't see any problem.

Unless you are in the States and running from the tax man, I don't think you'd have any problems whatsoever. And BPD is certainlythe most solid institution in the DR...

HB :D:D

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
I am keeping my money in my bank in Canada and using the ATM at Scotia Bank in Puerto Plata for withdrawls. My checks are all automatically deposited in the Canadian account and the bills to run my Canadian house come out monthly. The balance is for my fun in the sun. No need to transfer any money from one bank to the other.

theskipper

Jun 28, 2006
i have used Moneygram several times and it works fine - they have numerous pick up locations - several banks with many branches - flat fee of about $5 for up to $1500.00 transfer.

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
money transfer

there is also another one called Pronto Envios . they have offices here in new jersey and they are more reasonable then WU and they actually deliver the money in pesos to the address you give them there in the DR. I used them twice with no problems. look them up