Serious accident on Route 5 near CMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
SOSUA - TRANSIT ACCIDENT
Sosua. - In the early hours of the morning today there was a traffic accident on the Sosúa Cabarete road, in front of Clinic Cabarete, where one person was injured in a delicate state.
We do not have data on the identity of the victim, but it was reported that he is a man of foreign origin residing in Casa Linda, Sosúa, who resulted in critical conditions when colliding with a passage-type motorcycle that drove with a transport guagua I Public you.
Yesterday morning: The accident victim suffered a severe brain injury when his scooter was hit by a public transit vehicle, his helmet was shattered as well as his cranium. He owns a home in Casa Linda with his wife.

Current status unknown.

• Wow
Reactions: cavok

thompstr

Mar 21, 2018
Yesterday morning: The accident victim suffered a severe brain injury when his scooter was hit by a public transit vehicle, his helmet was shattered as well as his cranium. He owns a home in Casa Linda with his wife.

Current status unknown.

Prayers

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The public transit vehicles need to start getting fined for the way they drive, they pass on the left or right even when traffic does not allow. They park to let people off and wait for others to board in front of the Metro Bus lot completely blocking traffic at the intersection with no regard that that is the worst of all places to stop.
They pass in the motorcycle lane coming into Batey from the beach and then forcing their way into traffic, with no regard that they force cars that used the correct lane and waited into oncoming traffic.
I hope the man is alright and got to Puerto Plata instead of CMC, as that hospital is useless.
And if you ride a moto, look around at all the amputees here and note most traffic deaths are motos colliding with cars or other reckless motos, which is often the fault of motos
It doesn't do much good to have compassion with out just basic regulation enforcement

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
The public transit vehicles need to start getting fined for the way they drive, they pass on the left or right even when traffic does not allow. They park to let people off and wait for others to board in front of the Metro Bus lot completely blocking traffic at the intersection with no regard that that is the worst of all places to stop.
They pass in the motorcycle lane coming into Batey from the beach and then forcing their way into traffic, with no regard that they force cars that used the correct lane and waited into oncoming traffic.
I hope the man is alright and got to Puerto Plata instead of CMC, as that hospital is useless.
And if you ride a moto, look around at all the amputees here and note most traffic deaths are motos colliding with cars or other reckless motos, which is often the fault of motos
It doesn't do much good to have compassion with out just basic regulation enforcement
If it was found that the guagua driver was at fault - wanna bet if he was charged ?????

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The man is in a coma, progress has been made to dissolve some hematomas. The next several days will tell if recovery is possible.

I have seen nothing about charges to anyone over the accident.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've known several people who died on that stretch of highway. There's very little they can do to change it. It's sad but the way they drive is very much a part of their cultural at this point. Took years to brake, will take years to fix.

cruzan1

Sep 12, 2016
I've known several people who died on that stretch of highway. There's very little they can do to change it. It's sad but the way they drive is very much a part of their cultural at this point. Took years to brake, will take years to fix.
There is actually quite a bit they can do to change it. Just put the same effort into enforcing basic traffic laws, license/insurance regulations as they do COVID vaccination checks.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is actually quite a bit they can do to change it. Just put the same effort into enforcing basic traffic laws, license/insurance regulations as they do COVID vaccination checks.
They are doing that already..................

Reactions: CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
They are doing that already..................
Go park in Playero for an hour and count the motos that run the red light. Drive at night and count the motos that have no lights.
Count the taxis and min-buses that drive on the right side (shoulder) trying to pass.
Still tower lights are mounted on vehicles.
And my personal pet peeve. Strobe headlights on motos - those are really illegal and dangerous
No indeed they do not enforce laws, and there seems to be no will to do so,

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Go park in Playero for an hour and count the motos that run the red light. Drive at night and count the motos that have no lights.
Count the taxis and min-buses that drive on the right side (shoulder) trying to pass.
And my personal pet peeve. Strobe headlights on motos - those are really illegal and dangerous
Agreed on all counts. While red light violations, strobe lights, aircraft landing lights on vehicles, can be enforced by Digisett stationary police in the correct areas, enforcing what probably happened to the accident victim from Casa Linda would require DIGISETTE to have vehicles that actually patrol the highways and ticket drivers for illegal behavior like guaguas passing on the shoulder. I do not have hope such behavior will be corrected. We all have to accept those risks for the foreseeable future and "drive" around them like we are in a video game.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Agreed on all counts. While red light violations, strobe lights, aircraft landing lights on vehicles, can be enforced by Digisett stationary police in the correct areas, enforcing what probably happened to the accident victim from Casa Linda would require DIGISETTE to have vehicles that actually patrol the highways and ticket drivers for illegal behavior like guaguas passing on the shoulder. I do not have hope such behavior will be corrected. We all have to accept those risks for the foreseeable future and "drive" around them like we are in a video game.
I turned at the light at metro bus this morning. The light had changed to green for turns and the cars coming from the East stopped but the motorcycle went around him on the left and never slowed.

I stopped mid turn not knowing where he was headed. I could have easily run him over.

His stupidity will cost him his life someday. And his relatives will look to blame someone else

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You don't recognize sarcasm when you see it?.........................I was agreeing with you. They enforce nothing here................

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
His stupidity will cost him his life someday. And his relatives will look to blame someone else

The biggest problem with these motos is not necessarily this, but the way they act in the traffic, they might cause harm to innocent other people... Nothing is of course never their fault...

Countless are the times when I have turn signal to left turned on a while before coming to intersection, then I start turning and at least one moto comes from the left hand side, goes straight through and yells obscenities on the way... I wonder how many brain cells these guys have, if any... Of course, I'm more than aware of where they are, I would never crash with them, but the way they act is the just priceless... Or how about all those times when I'm stopped in red light, 50 motos pass me and go to front, when the light changes, I have to use the horn as they all fell asleep or are driving extremely slowly and causing a traffic jam...

They have recently installed quite a few traffic lights in POP, and guess which group of users are those who least respect those lights...

Rant over...

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
On another sosua sit the wife of the man that was hit in this accident is asking for anyone with dash cam footage of the event.

Debbie Lewis

ju-gPvlJAey.png

· 57m ·

My husband was the man on the Pasola that was in the accident in front of CMC in Sosua Saturday December 18.
If anyone was in the area and captured the accident on a dash cam I would please like you to pm me. Thank you

1 Comment

Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.