setting up an account for a Dominican baby

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
thisyear I fell for it too.... I was asked to front 240 bucks so a friend could but some cases of whiskey for Semana Santa to sell at the beach and he would make 5 on each bottle sold- becuase he " knew " somebody getting them cheap... fool that i was I dutifully forked it over- of course the profit never materialized- not did my 240 again..so that lesson was learned- costly but valuable... it still burns me up inside- not the 240 amount- but the fact it ws done without any forethought or consideration for the future- it seems some are ready to give up all what could be given for the short term gain of 240- if that person had been smart they probably woudl have gotten much much more out of me by being honest - needless to say he is history for me...so now I do not give money - I buy things- food , clothes, toys..

amstellite

Bronze
Sep 5, 2007
point taken about the mother dying thing- I've heard that one is one used often- and don;t forget the baby that might need help... sad but I do believe we are conned often...that's why I will only try tohelp that which I can see and verify with my own eyes. With my friend Juan- I see the hovel he lived in with all the flies and antbites on his baby girl, and the money he brought home for a day... if he and his novia are putting all this on for me as a show every time I come over- they are doing one hell of a job......but thanks for the input- I was sounding off a bit and needed to lose some steam

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Another little tiddy....There was recently a young(28ish)man that would come by my house about 3 nights a week and rattle my front gate. He was hungrey and good natured me I would fix him up with something I had in the fridge. Not a problem. This went on for about 2 months and the last time he asked to borrow my machete, old and worth about 50 pesos. He never returned it but still walks by the house and turns his head so I won't see him. No more 50 peso machete, no more free dinners.
Go figure the mentality..............