Ship a Box to DR

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Look for ones on EBAY with free shipping. Tell the vendor to pack it securely in a small box, and include a copy of the order details.

If the phone is less than $200 dollars, it should cost rough 5 bucks to send it from Miami to Santiago via a mail courier.

If it's more than $200, you run the risk of Customs charging import taxes. Happens frequently, but not always.

Thanks, I thought it will be a lot more.

great info!

JJ

Lisa14

Nov 30, 2014
I wanted to know if anyone knows of shippers in the Midwest ? Specifically in illinios or Iowa

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wanted to know if anyone knows of shippers in the Midwest ? Specifically in illinios or Iowa

What I have done from the Detroit area is send it UPS or Fedex to my NYC mudanza....
or USPS is cheaper depending on what it is....weight, etc

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
CPS falling apart ?

I have used CPS for a couple dozen shipments, Amazon, Walmart, eBay and others.
But they lost a package and agreed to track it but I have heard nothing in two weeks.
Also package landing in Miami are taking well over a week to arrive in Sosua.
Think of switching to JetPack or other who might be more reliable ?
CPS is a company I have recommended in the past but can no lofer do so.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have used CPS for a couple dozen shipments, Amazon, Walmart, eBay and others.
But they lost a package and agreed to track it but I have heard nothing in two weeks.
Also package landing in Miami are taking well over a week to arrive in Sosua.
Think of switching to JetPack or other who might be more reliable ?
CPS is a company I have recommended in the past but can no lofer do so.

Interesting. I just recently started using CPS in parallel with Encargopaq. I had requested a quote for 2 items to be shipped. Gave them the price and dimensions (well under $200 US for both) but since they are two speaker cabinets with a 12" speaker and a horn driver, they weigh quite a bit. Seeing that the quote was reasonable for the shipment I ordered them. Then I found out the price they quoted was per each unit, which I never would have gone along with. We negotiated the price down, but I now know that such mistakes are made. It almost got ugly.

I never had such a mistake while using EncargoPaq (or EPS in the distant past), however I know of others that no longer use Encargopaq because they had items lost. So far, nobody has lost anything for me of the shippers I mention, including the one that works out of Western Union.

The only loss I have had in shipping to the DR was a cell phone. But that was lost by USPS after purchasing on Ebay. I had a two month battle to get the money back. The take away from that is to order items using a credit card that will allow you to claim such losses, like my Citibank card, which I now use with the Virtual Credit card number feature they offer. Nobody gets my actual credit card number, but rather a one time use number that expires quickly if not used. And they will credit me for items I don't receive. Every time I call them they thank me for being a member for over 25 years.

Sorry for your loss, as they say, but I think it is a crapshoot with all of them.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Interesting. I just recently started using CPS in parallel with Encargopaq. I had requested a quote for 2 items to be shipped. Gave them the price and dimensions (well under $200 US for both) but since they are two speaker cabinets with a 12" speaker and a horn driver, they weigh quite a bit. Seeing that the quote was reasonable for the shipment I ordered them. Then I found out the price they quoted was per each unit, which I never would have gone along with. We negotiated the price down, but I now know that such mistakes are made. It almost got ugly.

I never had such a mistake while using EncargoPaq (or EPS in the distant past), however I know of others that no longer use Encargopaq because they had items lost. So far, nobody has lost anything for me of the shippers I mention, including the one that works out of Western Union.

Sorry for your loss, as they say, but I think it is a crapshoot with all of them.

I've gone through various: Business Mail, EPS, Jetpack, Domex.

They all take a week once something hits Miami.
They all take a few days to report receipts to buy time.
They all become a rock of silence when you try to find something missing.
So far Domex has been the best. They deliver to my house. They answer after 3-4 emails (May be because I copy the owner)

I can recommend Domex, but they are going through some growing pains.

BTW, I have moved over 1000 packages with them so far this year.