Shipping a TV with Amazon

drdirectional

Aug 6, 2011
www.pristinepads.com
What airline? If you decide to bring in a TV with you on an air plane larger than will fit in a suit case, be sure to check with the air line that they will take boxes.

Air Canada, all dimensions for luggage can be found on every airlines webpages. Box, bag, suitcase, garbage bag it doesn't matter as long as it meets the size and weight requirements. Ive flown 20 different airlines with up to 80 flights a year some years, never been told my piece of luggage wasnt acceptable, been charged for weight, extra bag and oversize but never for style. I once took a muffler with tail pipes wrapped in cardboard, bubble wrap, and duct tape. I had to run around the airport looking for a small piece of cardboard to cover up an exposed piece of metal, and they still let it go through.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Air Canada, all dimensions for luggage can be found on every airlines webpages. Box, bag, suitcase, garbage bag it doesn't matter as long as it meets the size and weight requirements. Ive flown 20 different airlines with up to 80 flights a year some years, never been told my piece of luggage wasnt acceptable, been charged for weight, extra bag and oversize but never for style. I once took a muffler with tail pipes wrapped in cardboard, bubble wrap, and duct tape. I had to run around the airport looking for a small piece of cardboard to cover up an exposed piece of metal, and they still let it go through.

Flights to the DR are often subject to special baggage rules by US airlines, so as you mention, check the airlines website and make sure you are looking at the information for travelling to the DR. For example from the American Airlines website:

EXCEPTION 2: Boxes will not be accepted to any destination in the Caribbean during an embargo period.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
What! Why is it so ridiculous lol? I tought this was gonna be regular tax + shipping cost

Wtf... Why do they charge ridiculous taxes?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What! Why is it so ridiculous lol? I tought this was gonna be regular tax + shipping cost

Wtf... Why do they charge ridiculous taxes?

If you get a quote from a door to door shipper, they frequently do not charge those "ridiculous" taxes.
One must learn the system here.