Shipping back to the USA

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
We see a million threads about how to ship this or that from there to here, here being the Dominican Republic, but I have a small (50cc) three wheeled motorcycle that someone back in Missouri has offered to pay me quite a bit fpr if I can deliver it there. Does anyone know about shipping that direction?
I ain't that good at Googling stuff and can make neither heads nor tails of the Million hits I get. I have used a bonded warehouse in the past when we imported mexican pottery into Ft Lauderdale from Mexico, but cannot even locate one of them. Anybody?
Der Fish

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The reason there are no threads on this is that nobody has ever found a good way to do this. Probably cost more than the motorcycle is worth.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Not going to be easy or cheap.

1) You may need to get the gas tank and lines flushed then certified gasoline free.
2) Your motorcycle will need to be crated.
3) Crate delivered to freight company along with paperwork for DR & US customs.
4) Customs broker in the US to clear it through customs.
5) Freight transporter to get it to where it needs to be in the US.

I suspect, your buyer is not willing to pay enough to cover the costs of getting it to him thus the effort to do so is probably not worth it.

Start by working the problem from the other way around. Contact vehicle shippers in the US and ask them if they can handle shipments from the DR to the US. If this works out and is cost effective, let that company make all of the arrangements so that you just need to know when & where - which will be the port of Caucedo east of SD.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
The Dominican Republic exports tons and tons of products every day. Bannana pineapples etc. So there are shippers, its just a matter of getting connected. If not I see an opurtunity for a busness venture for someone.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
We see a million threads about how to ship this or that from there to here, here being the Dominican Republic, but I have a small (50cc) three wheeled motorcycle that someone back in Missouri has offered to pay me quite a bit fpr if I can deliver it there. Does anyone know about shipping that direction?
I ain't that good at Googling stuff and can make neither heads nor tails of the Million hits I get. I have used a bonded warehouse in the past when we imported mexican pottery into Ft Lauderdale from Mexico, but cannot even locate one of them. Anybody?
Der Fish
Derf, you need to make sure that bike, the particular model, is on the approved EPA list for the states.

Otherwise, it will not be released by customs.