Shipping Used Clothing from US to DR for Charity

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Clothing, non-perishable food items, and toys do not get confiscated. Guns and drugs do. Electronics are a different ballgame. Gorgon, you once lived in New York, have you never had anybody send you something through a mundanza? I was up in New York the first week of November. Why? A two fold reason, but I won't go off-topic on one of them. The second was to ship my boy's clothing and toys for Christmas. My 2 tanks were delivered to my front door on Friday Dec 16th. No problems. No questions. No worries. As always. If you wish, on my next trip I'll send you some "I Love NY" $5 t-shirts, if you pick up my bar tab for a day. Then again, just head to the local pulga, there's plenty of them there for 100 pesos. 200 pesos around Valentine's Day for the heart caption on the t-shirt.

i sent all my belongings from NY by mudanza . 39 boxes, and a car. they told me that there was a spot check situation in customs.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Clothing, non-perishable food items, and toys do not get confiscated. Guns and drugs do. Electronics are a different ballgame. Gorgon, you once lived in New York, have you never had anybody send you something through a mundanza? I was up in New York the first week of November. Why? A two fold reason, but I won't go off-topic on one of them. The second was to ship my boy's clothing and toys for Christmas. My 2 tanks were delivered to my front door on Friday Dec 16th. No problems. No questions. No worries. As always. If you wish, on my next trip I'll send you some "I Love NY" $5 t-shirts, if you pick up my bar tab for a day. Then again, just head to the local pulga, there's plenty of them there for 100 pesos. 200 pesos around Valentine's Day for the heart caption on the t-shirt.

thanks for the generous offer. actually, i am a guy who has no problem shopping at MUN2 . got me some serious Ralph Lauren slacks for 250 pesos last week. like brand new. i ain?t too proud to buy used..

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
i sent all my belongings from NY by mudanza . 39 boxes, and a car. they told me that there was a spot check situation in customs.
Well there you go. Moderation my friend. If you're sending half of NY here in one shipment, under one name, then yes, some eyebrows will be raised. But a 55 gallon tank with clothing, non-perishable food items, and toys? No problems. Electronics could be a hassle though, and you don't want those being shipped in such a manner.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
thanks for the generous offer. actually, i am a guy who has no problem shopping at MUN2 . got me some serious Ralph Lauren slacks for 250 pesos last week. like brand new. i ain?t too proud to buy used..

I'm more of a Levis jeans guy, but I wouldn't mind a Ralph Lauren polo shirt.

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
THIS IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF COMPANIES BY MYSELF, but rather just examples. There are many companies in the USA and Canada. If you're not sure if there is one near your location, call one of the ones in New York, New Jersey, Massachusettes, Toronto...etc and ask them if they can recommend one closer to you. Everybody knows somebody:
http://www.lucianoshipping.com/
http://salcedocargoexpress.com/
There are probably older threads on this forum regarding shipping, but information is always good to be updated. Times change. Places go out of business. Life isn't really all that difficult.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No where near the shipping track record you have as I have only shipped three blue barrels and one cardboard box. The mundaza asks, "What's in the barrel, clothes and food"? I shake my head yes. Three weeks later the barrel arrives at my door in la rep dom. Couldn't be easier. Picked up at my door in USA, three weeks later delivered to my door in the DR.

Yup, sometimes they ask.... not always.

But if they ask, clothes is always in the question........

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yup, sometimes they ask.... not always.

But if they ask, clothes is always in the question........

We used a new company this time, crossing my fingers. *They didn't even ask what was in the boxes, just wrote ropa usada, comida, etc. *Outside the boxes, sent free, were 100 pounds of rice, 50 pounds of bread flour, 2.5 gallons peanut oil. *