Show of hands - Who is still here in the North East?

DRDreamer72

Nov 17, 2014
Just wondered who is still around here as it's been very quiet (kicks tumbleweed out of way) as of late.....

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Assuming Samana....
This forum has always been the quietest.
English speakers are the minority in the North East (compared to French and Italian).

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am here in Las Terrenas Samana and on dr1 until December. Then going 6 months to Europe.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I am here in Las Terrenas Samana and on dr1 until December. Then going 6 months to Europe.
Are you from Europe?
I used to live over there.
December wasn't exactly
the best time to be there if
my (still somewhat frozen)
memory is correct.
Never been to Las Terrenas
but I hear a lot of good things
about the expat community
who live there.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am from Denmark in Europe. And its more left than ever. There I am considered a right winger lol. Las Terrenas has a growing English language community. I see more North Americans than before and impressed how several have relocated here during the pandemic. I think relatively LT is doing ok. I myself moved in Juli from the capital and when I come back to the DR will just be here.,

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am from Denmark in Europe. And its more left than ever. There I am considered a right winger lol. Las Terrenas has a growing English language community. I see more North Americans than before and impressed how several have relocated here during the pandemic. I think relatively LT is doing ok. I myself moved in Juli from the capital and when I come back to the DR will just be here.,

Never seen so many Americans and Canadians than this year. Nice to have a mix of everyone.

Reactions: aarhus

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
There are a lot of people who are looking for a safer, warmer, hospitable climate to 'weather the storm'...

Villa sales are good..... 5 houses in Sea Horse Ranch under construction.... A record

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
There are a lot of people who are looking for a safer, warmer, hospitable climate to 'weather the storm'...

Villa sales are good..... 5 houses in Sea Horse Ranch under construction.... A record

Agreed it is becoming harder and harder to find long term rentals. They are either rented or reserved for short term rental to capitalenos (despite the complaints).
So glad I came as soon as DR opened up.