Skin So Soft

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
TEHAMA said:
Isn't DEET a toxin? I'm sure if I slashed on gasoline it would work too!

I say don't rule it out until you try it.
TEHAMA

A great analogy except nobody ever said gasoline would work as it probably would have no effect at all . DEET prevents the mosquitos from sensing your presence not by threatening to kill it like RAID. It is not that toxic used as directed, not that anyone reads labels anymore.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
tiguerita said:
It works!!! It does... it does... against mosquitos that is... it has saved me, a friend brought a bottle from NY for me and it works WAY better than that stupid bottle of OFF that I had.

Only problem is that is can stain clothes and or sheets :cry: which I found out today after having done my laundry at the 12 horas (ave. Italia) real laudry mat washers and dryers 50 pesos wash, 55 pesos dry... I guess maybe if I had soaked my shirt first it may not have ruined it... though, otherwise I'm sure there would be more complaints about that.

Get some if those moquitos keep you up!

Tig.
I go up fly in fishing to Northern Ontario every summer and Skin so Soft does not work even a little bit up there - no experience in DR with it. The only products that worked were deet lotions and the coils that you burn (these are very effective indoors). Another interesting product that the indians fishing on the lakes use is Bounce Sheets. They tuck this into the back of their ball cap and they swear by them. Looks funny but if it works than why not...Tom

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
DogsRule said:
I am in desperate need of this product. Does anyone know where I can buy some here in POP?
Skin so soft works best in dry weather conditions.

It may work in DR but I don't think that it would be to effective considering that the humidity and the sweating would cost the prduct to evaporate quicker.

So, in orther to get the maximum protection, you may have to keep re applying every 15-20 minutes.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Mr_DR said:
Skin so soft works best in dry weather conditions.

It may work in DR but I don't think that it would be to effective considering that the humidity and the sweating would cost the prduct to evaporate quicker.

So, in orther to get the maximum protection, you may have to keep re applying every 15-20 minutes.

I grew up in a beach community that has nasty "green heads" Flies with green heads that bite the hell out of you and leave nasty welts on your skin. You would hit them...and they would STILL fly away...nasty little bastards!

Skin so soft DID work against them....but yeah...if you are sweating a lot etc...then it was necessary to reapply frequently. but it works.

Something a bit stronger we used was a product called CUTTERS.

Keep your windows closed and the AC on! that was the only solution i had in february. My room had quite a few mosquitos that kept me up all night long....ya know...just when you are falling asleep and one starts buzzing in your ear! that is just the WORST!!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Skin so Soft

DogsRule did you ever get your supply of Skin so Soft, I will be coming up to the North Coast at the end of June so I could pick you up a couple of bottles from my Avon lady!

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Thank You

juanita said:
DogsRule did you ever get your supply of Skin so Soft, I will be coming up to the North Coast at the end of June so I could pick you up a couple of bottles from my Avon lady!

But, yes, I ordered some from the States. I still have a couple bottles.

pmacias

Jun 23, 2006
Penisul

Can someone tell me where I can purchase this product. I can't find this online anywhere.