snakes in DR??????

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
now this poor woman is never gonna come!

i had a toad in my apartment yesterday too..... animals are taking over....

canadian bob

Bronze
Jan 16, 2002
thanx will it be safe for mum to come in dec on her own to look for property.what is crime situation like are women safe ?

Hey Sooty! Of course she will be safe, but she should take the same precautions here as anywhere. Don't travel alone at night, walk where there are people around, don't wear any jewellery or flash money around. If she is looking for property, she will have to deal with Real Estate folks who can best advise her on good places to acquire property. Has she ever been to the DR?
She would be well advised to rent for at least a year before considering a purchase. This would let her determine if the DR is really where she wants to buy a house. It is also a major consideration to remember that if the house is vacant for a while, it will be very vulnerable.
Just remember that if a person with money meets a person with "experience," The person with "experience" gets the money and the person who had the money gets to have an experience.... Canadian Bob.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
safety

minovio assured me there is little crime in DR and then i come here to all these shootings and robberies....
truth is that still DR is a safe place to be.
on my london street two people were killed in a space of few months, right under my windows. altogether in my are we had on average 10 violent deaths a year not to mention car accidents (busses number 19 were specially unlucky).
one thing your mum has to remember is to be just as careful here as she was in her homecountry (unless she lives in scandinavia where they still keep houses unlocked).
i agree with bob, don't be too flashy and too obvious, avoid barrios, keep the doors locked, same with your car doors when driving. just be careful.

sooty

Oct 25, 2006
wow thanks for all the replys theyve been really helpful. weve been living in spain 16 years so shes used to lizards spiders etc... Whats the work situation like for a spanish speaking 25 year old stud??? (Mr. Modest) can anybody recommend or give us a telephone number for cheap accomadation in the first 2 weeks of december SHE DOESNT WANT ALL INCLUSIVE!!!!! we seem to be having problems booking in the travel agents and internet. Can you buy property without a residency or do you need it first
:ermm: