So Many Stories, Why Can't We Learn

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I agree that money can't buy class. I would also like to point out that having money doesn't mean you are a bad person.
It irks me when people attack others for pointing out there is a difference in class in the DR or anyplace else.
The fact that the vast majority of tourists and ex-pats will not be in contact with the Upper Class of Dominican Society is just that. A fact! Everybody has a right to associate with the people of their own choice.
It is clear to me that the only people complaining about Dominican Upper Class society are those who are not a part of it.
For me it is not the money they have but their education and intelligence. That is why I associate with the people I do

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Trina, had I known you had that silver spoon in your mouth I would have given you a shot, but you didn't see fit to mention it to me! LOL

Remember, I said I was born with it, I didn't say I still had it! I somehow "misplaced" it along the way...maybe I'll let you buy me a pizza the next time I'm in Sosua!

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I always say, some people must go round wondering who could possibly own that nice new office block, work in the banks and offices, own the stores in shopping plaza's etc etc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Surely it can't be Dominicans???

That's where you're putting down poor people. If I took it the wrong way, please correct me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not putting myself above or below anyone, I'm just stating the facts!

Trina, that comment was directed at tourists and expats.
If I had a peso for every time I have heard an expat say.
"stupid Dominicans" I would be very rich!
Most expats here have a problem distinguishing between ignorance and stupidity... that in it's self is a topic for another time.

My point is this...
Most associate with a level/class of Dominican that they "consider" inferior to themselves.
They never step back and think about who works in the banks, offices, owns the multi national companies etc etc. Why? Because they never, and will never interact with those people on a social level.

Most woman that visit this country as tourists associate with a "level or type" of Dominican male. They take this male and consider him to be representative of ALL Dominican males. This is why we have so many woman coming to this board asking the same questions. These woman fall into the same category as the above expats, they are only able socialize at a certain level.

Whether people want to believe it or not doesn't matter.
Whether they feel I'm elitist or not doesn't matter.
The bottom line is that I'm talking about facts, not opinions!

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
sanki section

Robert,

Why dont you guys over at DR1 just create a new "sanki" section on here or a "sanki search" feature so these girls can post there and exchange information on camilo or whoever else.The same topic comes up every few weeks and the same people say the same things and then the sanki searchers lash out at those who tell them how it is.Its a never ending cycle of bullshit.
Larry

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
My apologies, Robert, I thought it was you who entertained those thoughts...my mistake... :confused: !

Why dont you guys over at DR1 just create a new "sanki" section on here or a "sanki search" feature so these girls can post there and exchange information on camilo or whoever else.

I think that could definitely be a lucrative business, but please, not here...

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: sanki section

Larry (ILoveDR) said:
Robert,

Why dont you guys over at DR1 just create a new "sanki" section on here or a "sanki search" feature so these girls can post there and exchange information on camilo or whoever else. Larry

Hi Larry,

I'm sorry for my bad English, my friend Jose does all the emails for us at the Internet cafe. You would like Jose, he has taught all of us so much. How to cut n paste and how to check Western Union online. When you have 10-12 different Hotmail accounts it can get really confusing, thank god for Jose!

I have been thinking about you ever since you left last week Larry. I'm having trouble concentrating in my dance classes. I could never truly find the words to say how much our time together meant to you. My family was truly grateful for the wonderful SEA FOOD lunch you brought us. The surprise on your face at the end of the meal was truly priceless. Your generosity makes my heart skip a beat.

Did I tell you about my second cousin (Lucy) twice removed that ate that 5lb lobster? I was going to call and tell you, but the phone card you brought me ran out. Maybe I could call you via the operator and we can chat, I so miss your voice.

Back to Lucy...
She was sitting at the end of the table with my 3 aunts and 4 new cousins. Not the table in the corner, the one near the door. The table in the corner had all my uncles on it.

Anyway, Lucy is apparently allergic to lobster. The doctor said she needs some fancy medication to stop the convulsions. It's so expensive, I was wondering if you could help?

Oh, about the search...

I could, but I need you to send me US$150 via Western Union as my friend is sick and he does all the programming.

Please let me or Jose know when your coming back.
The exact dates!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Quick someone get help I think Robert has finally cracked. Oh my God will this happen to me too after 6 years?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Trina, my comments were not directed at you. I didn't even know if Angel (is thats his name?) worked in a resort. I was talking in general.
I am (like robert and the rest who live in the real dominican republic) are simply getting sick and tired of you folks generalizing dominicas as: poor, uneducated, putas, money hungry, visa seekers etc etc. This tells me that most Ex pats have no idea of who dominicans are. They have a very narrow concept dominican culture. My dominican friends are rich and poor as well but they all have pride. That is something you folk have not seen in the dominicans that many of you meet. My friends take me out and pay for me, just like I do for them. My girls come and go out with us and there is no money exchanged between us. We don't even think about it at all. This is not even an issue in our minds.
My dominican friends drive SUVs and Mercedes benz and wear designer's clothes and live in fancy houses / apartments. They are all educated and nice poeple. They like me for what I am not for what I have. We have very interesting conversations and we enjoy just like you people do with your putas / sankies, with only a slight difference, without having decent dominicans laughing at us. Like TonyC says, why do rich educated dominicans have to be snobs? I don't associate with anyone who is a snob, rich or poor. My freinds are decent and friendly. They not only treat you good but they also get you out of troubles. I am sorry if you people are not accepted by the upper class. Its just not my fault. Like we say: you sleep with dogs, you wake up in garbage dump.
This post is not directed at you trina.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
You've gotta hand it to those young entrepreneurs. Delegate, automate, business is people, sex sells, ...

I see a market for sanki/puta management software. Form letters, distribution lists, auto-responders, prepared responses, a good scheduler, notes and comments adiminstration, affiliate program, built-in translator, built-in tips feature, on-line money transfer, photo editor and manager, poor me management to prevent duplicates and schedule opportunities, ...

If they ask for money, pay if you want. If they don't, be very afraid.

Often it is the jouney, not the destination that is most fun.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Tony C said:
I agree that money can't buy class. I would also like to point out that having money doesn't mean you are a bad person.
It irks me when people attack others for pointing out there is a difference in class in the DR or anyplace else.
The fact that the vast majority of tourists and ex-pats will not be in contact with the Upper Class of Dominican Society is just that. A fact! Everybody has a right to associate with the people of their own choice.
It is clear to me that the only people complaining about Dominican Upper Class society are those who are not a part of it.
For me it is not the money they have but their education and intelligence. That is why I associate with the people I do

About time someone said it. People just don't understand what's really going on in the DR.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
i'm temporary out of bs but...

AZB, you sound like my grandfather in his 90's.
he kept telling me the same story till i felt nauseated.

Ps. upper class dominicans would zip into lower class real quick if it weren't for the good people
who take care of tourists.x

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I am (like robert and the rest who live in the real dominican republic) are simply getting sick and tired of you folks generalizing dominicas as: poor, uneducated, putas, money hungry, visa seekers etc etc. This tells me that most Ex pats have no idea of who dominicans are. They have a very narrow concept dominican culture. My dominican friends are rich and poor as well but they all have pride. That is something you folk have not seen in the dominicans that many of you meet. My friends take me out and pay for me, just like I do for them. My girls come and go out with us and there is no money exchanged between us. We don't even think about it at all. This is not even an issue in our minds.

Ditto, I am sick of Dominican-bashing in all respects. I'm beating a dead horse here, but there's too much generalization that always goes on, and that's when people take things personally and cannot differentiate where the comments are directed. When you open your post talking to me, I assume you are still talking to me when you finish it as "you girls".

There are good and bad in all classes, so judging merely on situation is unfair.

JimH, it's good to see your wisdom back on the board. We don't see your name much lately.

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]Jim Hinsch[/B] said:
You've gotta hand it to those young entrepreneurs. Delegate, automate, business is people, sex sells, ...

I see a market for sanki/puta management software. Form letters, distribution lists, auto-responders, prepared responses, a good scheduler, notes and comments adiminstration, affiliate program, built-in translator, built-in tips feature, on-line money transfer, photo editor and manager, poor me management to prevent duplicates and schedule opportunities, ...
I AM IN!

I see that we are back in our regularly scheduled round of "this is just like Calcutta!... No, this is just like Monaco!" arguments. :rolleyes:

Very funny. Very far from the truth.

italianchica

Apr 26, 2003
I DON'T UNDERSTAND

I was reading some past posts and personally i would ask myself some questions, If i was with someone and i loved them enough to even think of marriage i think that if i would post a message asking if anyone knows the man i would then reconsider the marriage, how can these women have doubts and still continue the relationship!!!! I have a friend that was also involved with a resort worker (dancer). She posted up a message a couple of months ago, around 20 people replied and of course NOT GOOD STUFF and even after reading all the crap they had to say she still continues this relationship. What's the use of posting a message and then ignoring what people have to say! If at least she would listen to what these other women had to say it would of been worth it but she and many other women refuse to believe that their man is a player and unfortunately they could say they are doing this to know a little more about " their man ", but these men can say their WOMEN since there is so many of them at the same time!!!!!!!!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
AZB said:
Trina, my comments were not directed at you. I didn't even know if Angel (is thats his name?) worked in a resort. I was talking in general.
My dominican friends drive SUVs and Mercedes benz and wear designer's clothes and live in fancy houses / apartments. They are all educated and nice poeple. They like me for what I am not for what I have. We have very interesting conversations and we enjoy just like you people do with your putas / sankies, with only a slight difference, without having decent dominicans laughing at us. Like TonyC says, why do rich educated dominicans have to be snobs? I don't associate with anyone who is a snob, rich or poor. My freinds are decent and friendly. They not only treat you good but they also get you out of troubles. I am sorry if you people are not accepted by the upper class. Its just not my fault. Like we say: you sleep with dogs, you wake up in garbage dump.
This post is not directed at you trina.

Will you look at him! He gives one rich guy head and he thinks he is on top of the social calendar! LOL

Just remember us bottom people my Jewish friend! We want to be where you are some day, so don't hold us back!!!

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Re: i'm temporary out of bs but...

x_man said:
AZB,
Ps. upper class dominicans would zip into lower class real quick if it weren't for the good people
who take care of tourists.x

If you truly believe that then you have no clue about rich Dominicans and how they became rich.
The vast majority of rich Dominicans have nothing to do with the tourist industry. Just look at Santo Domingo. Do you think that city was built with tourist money? For rich Dominicans all Punta Cana is a nice place to spend a weekend. And Puerto Plata is where all the cheap tourists go.

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
My two cents

I'm not sure what exactly I want to reply to first, this is a pretty diverse thread! Brings me back to my Sociology debates in University! I will tell you that my holiday in POP was the time of my life. and I experienced EVERYTHING it had to offer, including a very beautiful, charming Sanki! But like all the tour guides on every excursion I went on said, "see everything there is to see but please don't take anything with you, leave it for the next ppl to experience as well"! I didn't want to take any native species from this beautiful country, I would like the next tourist to have the same experience as well!
I am 31 yrs old, hopefully old enough to know better, I experienced the CDN version of a sanki, I booted his butt out of my house pretty damn fast, every country has them, the pick up lines just change! "Are you alone?", Please!!
I fellin love with the country, the ocean, the smell in the air and the feeling of community spirit, not the man who had one hand in my pocket and the other one on my, well you know....
Have fun girlies! but please do us all a favour, quit whinning and best to go get a check up when you get home!

GypsyGRL

Apr 26, 2003
Re: Re: i'm temporary out of bs but...

Tony C said:
For rich Dominicans all Punta Cana is a nice place to spend a weekend. And Puerto Plata is where all the cheap tourists go. [/B]

Well no wonder I'll never meet any rich Dominicans! In Canada, the rumor is the average age in Punta Cana is 70 years old and its quiet time by 10pm! The best place to go is POP b/c its fun, ppl are great and you can dance til the sunrises! I personally prefer to Merengue, not Polka! I'd rather have fun than be rich anyway!

leopardlady

Apr 30, 2003
ok, can someone help a newbie here for a minute?

I take it "sanki" means gigolo. Is that right? What's POP stand for? :ermm:

I'm only here a few days folks !! :paranoid:

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
POP stands for PuertO Plata.
It's the code used by the airlines for the airport.
Santo Domingo is SDQ, etc.
Enjoy your stay, LL.
:cool:
mk