So where does it all go???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I refer to the verb in the heading ..ha generado ,,has generated ..

you said that each tourist spent 3000 dollars , and that it was a matter of easy arithmetic.

that is enough for me. i am done here. i have met guys like you, who have to have the last word, and if you don?t let them , things go on forever.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Always worth opening and reading links fully before replying to posters is perhaps the lesson to learn here. The english text in the OP was like raw red meat to some. But did not reflect what the press release by the tourism minister said.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Always worth opening and reading links fully before replying to posters is perhaps the lesson to learn here. The english text in the OP was like raw red meat to some. But did not reflect what the press release by the tourism minister said.

i will concede that. i should have read the spanish version of the text.

there is a second lesson to be learned here. when you are not a student of a particular academic discipline, do not argue issues with someone who is. your buddy Kipling defended the 16 billion dollar figure, which he stated was a matter of simple arithmetic, since each tourist spent 3000 dollars..that was the crux of the whole debate.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
It was drawn to your attention in post 64 psge 7 and again a page or so later by BS that the number was over 3 years and like yout Jamaica figure. Took 8 more pages of hot air for it to register. Seems to me emotion takes over with some posters and a touch of sarcasm is needed at times.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
It was drawn to your attention in post 64 psge 7 and again a page or so later by BS that the number was over 3 years and like yout Jamaica figure. Took 8 more pages of hot air for it to register. Seems to me emotion takes over with some posters and a touch of sarcasm is needed at times.

actually, the only hot air was coming from the guy who refused to withdraw an assertion that the 16 billion per year was tenable. at this point, i have conceded that the figure in the english text was not the figure in the spanish text. up until now, i have not heard a concession from Kipling that his number is impossible. therefore, if you are looking for someone to admonish, go find him, and stop stalking me. you are a fool looking for a fight, and i am not in the mood. now go run to the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.