So You Want To Know What Dominicans Feel About Their Haitian "Hermanos"????

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
That cartoon reminds me that SOAPBOXES come in all shapes and sizes.
If you look REALLY carefully, you just might notice the tongue in his cheek.
Context and nuance....what's not to love.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
I frankly think Dr has a long way to go in terms of educating its people! The world is changing fast, but the country still has A MEDIEVAL MENTALITY! The reason is simple! Dominicans have resigned to the kind of leaders they have. The leaders do not know any better, therefore DOMINICANS ARE BEHIND in terms of the way they think. I frankly think if DOMINICANS WERE educated enough to follow new trends, know democratic rules, they would let these CORRUPT GUYS GO!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
An uneducated public is easy to control, and provides a cheap labor force.
JUST the way the Government wants things!
I am STILL always amazed at the amount of abuse the Dominican people will accept from their "So Called" leaders.
Give them a "Canasta" at Christmas and they are happy!
If you have a bottle of Rum, who needs,medical care, education, "LUZ", water,police/fire ??????????????????????????
"Resigned" pretty much says it ALL!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
"KEN" the difference is that on the 4th. of July, Americans don't publish racist cartoons of "AA's" not knowing why it's being celebrated!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You do know "Americans" and AA's are the same thing LOL!!!!!! It is not like Dominicans and Haitians. We are ALL Americans!!!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
You do know "Americans" and AA's are the same thing LOL!!!!!! It is not like Dominicans and Haitians. We are ALL Americans!!!

You do know that you just wasted a small amount of bandwidth right there, don't you?

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
Was it a caricature? Sure it was. Racist? No. Nationalism? Yes. I do notice that the dominicans i see dont treat hatians any different than anybody else. That isnt to say they wouldnt prefer the hatians return to haiti for numeros reasons, downward wage pressure, extra burden on a medical system that is already overburdened just to name a couple.

Criss i am quite sure there are published cqrtoons of mexicans on various days including independence day. Either way since i am not racist i dont really TRY to see it as racist. If it is racist shame on the artist.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Was it a caricature? Sure it was. Racist? No. Nationalism? Yes. I do notice that the dominicans i see dont treat hatians any different than anybody else. That isnt to say they wouldnt prefer the hatians return to haiti for numeros reasons, downward wage pressure, extra burden on a medical system that is already overburdened just to name a couple.

What he said.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
"KEN" the difference is that on the 4th. of July, Americans don't publish racist cartoons of "AA's" not knowing why it's being celebrated!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Actually, we know exactly what 4 July 1776 is, it really just didn't apply to us. As mentioned, Juneteenth is the more applicable "Day of Independence" for those who were considered no more than farm animals in 1776.

So yes, it is an oppoertunity to get drunk and overeat on crappy food.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Actually, we know exactly what 4 July 1776 is, it really just didn't apply to us. As mentioned, Juneteenth is the more applicable "Day of Independence" for those who were considered no more than farm animals in 1776.

So yes, it is an oppoertunity to get drunk and overeat on crappy food.

...and blow stuff up. The most treasured of American traditions...

07012009-a1-fireworks-b.jpg

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
"Actually, we know exactly what 4 July 1776 is, it really just didn't apply to us. As mentioned, Juneteenth is the more applicable "Day of Independence" for those who were considered no more than farm animals in 1776."

I dont suffer white guilt. Never owned, captured or sold any slaves in any shape or form. I wasnt around 200 years ago so therefore it is impossible for me to have done anything about it then. I dont hold others or myself guilty for the sins of their father so..... Black folks in the states are more well off than any of the africans who captured and sold them. So there is justice if you choose to see it. Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.