social class and dating

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
My wife is a great cook, and she loves cooking. Every once in a while the topic of hiring a maid comes up, usually after a salon visit where other girls ask her why doesn't she have a maid instead of cooking, cleaning, washing herself, since her husband can afford it? My answer is always if a hire another woman to cook for me, clean for me, wash my clothes, then i can hire another woman to have sex with me too, and then we might as well separate. And then the topic changes.

sickening*puke*

Mar 2, 2008
Just to provide another frame of reference, I would much prefer to care for myself, without having a maid, cleaning woman, laundress, or cook, paid for or otherwise.

I don't want a woman to take control of my life in any way, and I certainly do not want to have a woman preform these everyday tasks in exchange for a matrimonial relationship.

In other words, I love women, in every sense of the word, but I simply do not want them as built-in housekeepers.

I would much rather have a mutually agreed upon relationship with a woman who has her own life, completely independent from mine, and who is willing to allow me the same consideration.

Reactions: Bronxboy

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Just to provide another frame of reference, I would much prefer to care for myself, without having a maid, cleaning woman, laundress, or cook, paid for or otherwise.

I don't want a woman to take control of my life in any way, and I certainly do not want to have a woman preform these everyday tasks in exchange for a matrimonial relationship.

In other words, I love women, in every sense of the word, but I simply do not want them as built-in housekeepers.

I would much rather have a mutually agreed upon relationship with a woman who has her own life, completely independent from mine, and who is willing to allow me the same consideration.

Agree 100%

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i cook most of the time. if not myself than miesposo. i also wash the dishes (i know i may sound strange but it's super relaxing) and do laundry (i got scared of dr1 stories of maids using half a bucket of washing powder for one load). cleaning and ironing are our maid's duties (god knows i HATE ironing).
we would never let the maid cook as we both like gringa food :) i cook very much european way and i try to use as little fat as possible (miesposo has high cholesterol). i don't find myself trapped in housework, i'd be doing the same if i were single. i also have my own money. which does not stop me from demanding that miesposo pays for salon trips :)
as long as both sides of a couple are happy, what does it matter who does chores?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I love doing my own cooking and cleaning, I'm so picky, and it's great if your significant other helps out, doesnt necessarily mean cooking and cleaning, but with household exterior stuff, and tightening bolts here and there and regular maintenance...upkeep!! (that stuff, I would gladly exchange for dishes and laundry)

But according to liam1, His answer to solving household issues is find another woman...ummm yea ...nice

I wouldnt even mention a maid if didnt feel i needed one, maybe...just maybe, your wife is hinting that she could use some help?

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Could use some help? If a 22 years old girl can't maintain a house of 2 on her own then who can? Yeah i should spoil her to the fullest and not expect her to have any responsibilities. She's married to a gringo, why should she do anything, right? Salons and shopping, that should be her only concern.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Ahhh I see, Cinderella has met her prince charming...Lucky girl.

A 22 year old girl, should be in University studying to become something, there's more to life than being married to a gringo.

Education should be her only concern...because like the gringo said, he can always find someone else to fulfil his "needs"

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

A 22 year old girl, should be in University studying to become something, there's more to life than being married to a gringo.

Education should be her only concern...because like the gringo said, he can always find someone else to fulfil his "needs"

Each to their own according to their needs. Lapurr, you must be divorced.

Mar 2, 2008
Everyone has their own definition of happiness and successful relationships. We don't all have to strive to achieve "the perfect relationship", based upon the same criteria. That would be both boring and foolish.

I think we should be above judging others by our own personal standards. There must be better and more productive pass-times.

Everyone of legal age can make up their own minds about what type of lifestyle they choose to live, and no one else is in a position to declare another's choice to be of lesser value or somehow sub-standard.

The name-calling associated with this judgmental attitude is poisonous, and it greatly detracts from any serious discussion.

Reactions: Dragonfly32837

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004

Actually she is in University studying medicine. That's why we moved to Santiago. As stated, you must be divorced or something.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
The name-calling associated with this judgmental attitude is poisonous, and it greatly detracts from any serious discussion.

As do Cheuvanistic/ pompus remarks such as: "if i hire another woman to cook for me, clean for me, wash my clothes, then i can hire another woman to have sex with me too, and then we might as well separate"

I am not divorced, But i do have a beautiful 18 year old daughter in which i have high aspirations for.

I'm so glad to hear your wife is pursuing medical school, there's so much more to life than cooking and cleaning and washing clothes...ohhh and sex!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2008
"I'm so glad to hear your wife is pursuing medical school, there's so much more to life than cooking and cleaning and washing clothes...ohhh and sex!"

Are you talking to me?

I have no wife, either going to medical school or otherwise. I think you might have me confused with someone else, but if it makes you feel better, I'll take the fall.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
No Catcher I'm not talking to you!! you are like a mentor on this site!! you have more words of wisdom and encouragement than anyone...I'm referring to Liam, and i'm done with him!!
Didnt mean to sound judgemental, maybe i am...some men need to learn how to respect their wives not only in their presence but also in their absence.

I am afraid that 98% of the men coming here are not looking for more than a roll in the hay. They score with poor barrio chicas who are looking for a way out of here and give them the "ride of their lives" and then it is "love."

Most young women of good families wouldn't give a foreigner the time of day unless properly introduced and formalities followed.

And most of the ones I know can cook up a storm....they are smart enough to know the reality of life in the US or Europe...

HB

Amen Hillbilly, Thank God most guys will never meet or ever have a chance with these beautiful treasures and will stay with the UBH hookers in Sosua or boca chica. And me and AZB and a few other chosen ones can enjoy DR to the fullest.

My wife is a great cook, and she loves cooking. Every once in a while the topic of hiring a maid comes up, usually after a salon visit where other girls ask her why doesn't she have a maid instead of cooking, cleaning, washing herself, since her husband can afford it? My answer is always if a hire another woman to cook for me, clean for me, wash my clothes, then i can hire another woman to have sex with me too, and then we might as well separate. And then the topic changes.

Way to go Liam, I will use that one also.

Chavela

Feb 29, 2008
Thank you for this!

No Catcher I'm not talking to you!! you are like a mentor on this site!! you have more words of wisdom and encouragement than anyone...I'm referring to Liam, and i'm done with him!!
Didnt mean to sound judgemental, maybe i am...some men need to learn how to respect their wives not only in their presence but also in their absence.

Yes, it does seem like respect for humanity feminity, masculintiy and personhood gets trampled in lower consciousnes of basic macho needs met. Not nice at all. It was funny at first, but when you consider that he said something like that to his wife-It's really abusive. Like she's interchangable like a baseball card or a tonka toy. Maybe he only sees his value as a cash machine and the all mighty male in the home. Nice roles we people play that totally discredit any form of specialness, uniqueness or recognition as a spirtual being that just really yearns to be accepted for who they are at a deep level, and not what they can provide.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Yes, it does seem like respect for humanity feminity, masculintiy and personhood gets trampled in lower consciousnes of basic macho needs met. Not nice at all. It was funny at first, but when you consider that he said something like that to his wife-It's really abusive. Like she's interchangable like a baseball card or a tonka toy. Maybe he only sees his value as a cash machine and the all mighty male in the home. Nice roles we people play that totally discredit any form of specialness, uniqueness or recognition as a spirtual being that just really yearns to be accepted for who they are at a deep level, and not what they can provide.

I agree, if we want to be accepted for who they are, maybe we can try to actually understand each other? Maybe spend some time with a partner to understand why they ask questions they ask and want things they want? People in this country spend so much time at work - not much time left to try to understand and relate to a partner, unfortunately.