Some days are not worth getting out of bed.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
First the fridge broke down last night, presumably fried by a voltage spike. I had to move most things to the freezer, which was as cool as the fridge should be. Some things had to be thrown away. Today I locate a tech guy who could come and fix it the same day, he works specifically with this brand, great, but he has to come after he leaves his day job at about 6:30 pm.

Because of some convoluted arrangement in our finances not worth explaining now, I have to make a transfer request to access money in our account. So I send a fax (yeah, fax, no emails) to People's Moronic Bank to transfer some money in the morning. People's Moronic Bank only accepts transfer requests in the morning, but no problem, I got that covered, money gets transfered.

After lunch I pack up the kid to go to the ATM, we go to Crappy Bank of Canada, the closest of three banks in our inmediate neighborhood. Big error. I put my ATM card in, punch the numbers, transaction goes through but no money comes out. Them somebody comes and tells me the machine is broken. Great, they tell me after the transaction has gone through. I check my balance, there's the equivalent of US$1.20 left in my account. She tells me I have to go to People's Moronic Bank, personally, and file a a claim, "you'll get your money back in an hour or so". After I gave them a piece of my mind for being incompetent slobs who couldn't come up with the idea of taping a handwritten note to their piece of crap machine I had to go to People's Moronic Bank, which luckily had an office not far from there.

But let's go back to before I left home. The car didn't want to start. I think the battery has seen the last of it. I finally get the car to start and go to Crappy Bank of Canada to get money from the ATM.

Fast forward to the trip to People's Moronic Bank to file a claim. Car doesn't want to start, again. Eventually it does. Their Customer Mocking representative tells me I didn't actually have to go in person, it could be done by phone. Great, I'll keep that in mind for next time. Conveniently though, they have a direct line there and I speak to yet another Customer Mocking representative who tells me it'll take 7 business days to get an answer to their investigation. Ooohoo, great, I need that money, like, NOW! I have a non-working, half-empty fridge at home, and a tech guy who's on his way. I also give them a piece of my mind, not a big piece mind you, there's not much mind left after all this.

I go home, pick up credit card and go for some money at another ATM, this is not a drive-through, so I leave the car running outside with the windows open and tell their watchman not to stop the thief if somebody tries to steal it.

Tomorrow I have to do something about the stupid car battery. And all this while the husband is in more modern parts of the world. Sure it couldn't happen after he was back from Western Africa.

Og I hate banks! And fridges. And car batteries, dead or alive.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Sounds like...

An absolutely craptastic day. I am sorry that it happened! But let me be honest, your account of the events had me ROTFLMAO! I also have a People's Moronic Bank with Customer Mocking reps.

You're gifted with words, PIB.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Oh PIB, you're back! So very, very glad to see you posting in your normal, and very funny way. Major hugs to you and the kid! (Folks, the 'kid' is Mr and Mrs. PIB's lovely daughter who is just a year+....and Mommy does adore her.)

RE: Car. Better check (alternator--in case it is not sending enough juice to battery). You can probably get a good battery at Castelosa there in Sto Dgo. They will check your alternator for you.

Good luck..

HB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Some days are not worth getting out of bed: Someone I know files "the day I met my husband" under that category.:D

You were restrained. I would have probably put myself in the mortifying situation of trying to ram raid the car through the bank's plate-glass windows in revenge, only to find that the battery was flat. Sputter... Sputter... Sprrtt...

So, did the fridge get fixed?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thank you Pib for the morning entertainment.
You may not agree right now, as you are being inconvenienced, but in the long run, it's worth having gone through it all, just to have the story to tell, specially the way you tell it.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
:laugh: :laugh:

So Piblita had her first bilingual lesson in words only Mummy is allowed to use?

Aren't these just the days that give us backbone..................?

Or flatulence, or hemorrhoids, or high blood pressure......................

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Same ****,Different Day In Thr bDR!!!

Sounds like an "Average Day" here to me. As I look out the window,I see my wife's car up on blocks,behind my van up on blocks."Should only take one day to fix", said her guy,and then MY Guy!
cc

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Sounds like an "Average Day" here to me. As I look out the window,I see my wife's car up on blocks,behind my van up on blocks."Should only take one day to fix", said her guy,and then MY Guy!
cc

Boy in Tennessee two cars on blocks at the same house means that some one rich must live there. :cool:

Bob K

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
For those who care:

Yes, the fridge was fixed. The car battery was replaced.

Why an expensive, top-line fridge died at barely two years of light use is the subject of another rant. Darn Edesur, I fart in your general direction!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I fart in your general direction!
You just brought me back to my teenage years, sitting in a midnight theater, watching that Movie, "In Search Of the Holy Grail".
Of course we were all stoned and laughed till we cried.
That Frenchman in the fort, launching cows with catapults, yelling out obseneties remains permanently printed in my mind for life.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
For those who care:

Yes, the fridge was fixed. The car battery was replaced.

Why an expensive, top-line fridge died at barely two years of light use is the subject of another rant. Darn Edesur, I fart in your general direction!

LOL

Life in the zany Rep?blica Mojiganga