Someone poisoned my dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I've noticed here where I live that ones who are disruptive to the neighborhood's cohesive social order #wesleepatnight seem to die off very quickly yet the ones who are well-behaved don't meet the same fate.

Well I'm glad I don't live where you live.

You think this seems to be some sort of normal, natural and kind solution to solving the disruption of a neighborhood's cohesive social order?

Poisoning?

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
That includes the free rangers on other people's property?
Absolutely. And not only chickens. One morning, about 6.30-7, we were awakened by some awful squealing literally under our bedroom window. Our chicken-killing female rottie was killing a piglet. Turns out it came from the north side of our property (south has the chickens). Guy comes stomping over in a huff, yelling at Mr AE that our dog went onto his property and killed his pig. He was told in no uncertain terms that the pig was on our property and died under our window. His answer was that a dog who kills animals should be poisoned. It went against his grain, but Mr AE loved his dog, so he offered to pay for the pig.

Ultimately, both rotties died. The male by poison and the female after being kicked by a cow she was trying to herd off our property. We have their daughter in NJ, we never brought her back to DR. Here she is with one of our grandsons watching him play video games in the basement.

D8E9270C-D707-46E1-BEDB-875D681EC19F.jpeg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well I'm glad I don't live where you live.

You think this seems to be some sort of normal, natural and kind solution to solving the disruption of a neighborhood's cohesive social order?

Poisoning?
So I'm I.
I quite like my neighborhood and the last thing I need or want are neighbors with a shitty attitude. It's their country. I'm just a guest. They run it how they see fit so go pound sand.

Reactions: JD Jones

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I know a few Dominicans who've recently moved back to Santiago as they got fed up with the amount of brazen criminal activity day or night in and around NYC.
Safe travels.
Never in hell I will be living in NYC. I'm more into NJ, wealthy section. Less BS for me.

Reactions: CristoRey

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I know a mid level Police National official that says Santiago is not safe.
He works in Santo Domingo Este.
Go figure.
Remember what they say about opinions.
There are no perfect people.
Or nor a perfect country.
There are only personal preferences and what you are willing to live with and put up with.

My puppy was poisoned.
Only a few months old.
Always on a leash.
Or chain up.
Quiet and well behaved.
Personally I think it was envy.
Many be hating on those who have more than they do.

If poisoning is accepted behavior in your neighborhood.
It only means that you live with sociopaths.
If you agree with that behavior well, then, you are living in the right neighborhood for you.
Does not mean the country is totally fracked up.
Just some of the people and the way they think.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I have no opinion in the matter but I will say I prefer peace and quiet with a good nights sleep over anything thing that keeps me up all night regardless of what it might be. Sorry to hear about ya pup but some folks just enjoy doing bad things others. We currently have a whole bunch of these type of people hanging around the monument at night here in Santiago. The PN don't seem to mind them at all but I sure as hell do.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
DR people are sick. My wife has been telling me she really hates DR people because they are assholes. They love to rob, kill or just do about f. anythig. For what? Be honest, it's about Egoism. Just about it.
That's something of a generalisation, don't you think?

Reactions: AlterEgo

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
is there no such things as "escalation" here when it comes to the police? I mean if the police in the neighborhood are buddy buddy with the people that may have done this, are there really no other options. I understand the culture, and if someone was to maybe put poison on their own land and my dog wandered off and got sick.. but actually wrapping poison in a piece of chicken, and throwing that onto my patio (outside the viewing area of my cameras) is some messed up evil shit (excuse the language)

they must have known about the cameras somehow, to stay just outside the viewing angle, which leads me to believe it was someone in the neighborhood.

there were other dogs in the neighborhood that did chase and eat the chickens, but not mine.. there are not many dogs left here in don gregorio, I wish I could get someone from the news or something to at least come out and cover this crap.. maybe getting the attention of a politician that could maybe help

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
I did reach out to a "news" org here around puerto plata/maimon to see if they could come here with cameras to cover this.. maybe making more trouble for myself, but I do not want to let this go

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
is there no such things as "escalation" here when it comes to the police? I mean if the police in the neighborhood are buddy buddy with the people that may have done this, are there really no other options. I understand the culture, and if someone was to maybe put poison on their own land and my dog wandered off and got sick.. but actually wrapping poison in a piece of chicken, and throwing that onto my patio (outside the viewing area of my cameras) is some messed up evil shit (excuse the language)

they must have known about the cameras somehow, to stay just outside the viewing angle, which leads me to believe it was someone in the neighborhood.

there were other dogs in the neighborhood that did chase and eat the chickens, but not mine.. there are not many dogs left here in don gregorio, I wish I could get someone from the news or something to at least come out and cover this crap.. maybe getting the attention of a politician that could maybe help
No offense but you have a better change of dying from Covid. No one is going to help you. Sucks but that's the reality down here. Perhaps you should try training the next one never to accept food from strangers.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I did reach out to a "news" org here around puerto plata/maimon to see if they could come here with cameras to cover this.. maybe making more trouble for myself, but I do not want to let this go
That's interesting. My farm was in Don Gregorio in Maimon. That is where my neighbor told me about dogs and chickens.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
That's interesting. I used to live in Don Gregorio in Maimon. That is where my neighbor told me about dogs and chickens.
I can kind of understand it if a troublesome dog was to go onto a neighbors property and eat their chickens.. then maybe I could see them leaving poison, though that is still very evil.. but coming to someone's house, wrapping the tres pasito in chicken, and leaving it on our porch.. is just another level of evil. all the dogs here are dying, same issue.. at what point do they leave the poison laying around, and some child, or baby picks it up and puts it in their mouth.. I don't even want to imagine

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
even the little contact I had on my hands from shoving milk down my dogs throat gave me a reaction where my mouth completely dried up

Sounds like a hard time :/. May doggy Rest In Peace .....

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
this dog has never done anything to anybody, she was a very good dog. I hope one day to come face to face with the person that did this
You can offer a reward for info as to who poisoned your dog.
I had a Dominican friend that lived in the neighborhood quietly make the offer and it worked but the poisoner, who was an expat, got wind of what was happening and moved away quickly.
Often these low people will have poisoned other dogs too. I am usually a forgive and forget person but not for dog poisoners.

Dominicans see dogs as a lower animal and poisonings are a common event. Very difficult to train dogs not to eat "treats" they come across.

One of my dogs was a chicken and cat killer for all who wandered onto the property. He persisted until I eventually kept him inside at night.
I make every effort to keep my dogs quiet and contained to not annoy my neighbors.

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
You can offer a reward for info as to who poisoned your dog.
I had a Dominican friend that lived in the neighborhood quietly make the offer and it worked but the poisoner, who was an expat, got wind of what was happening and moved away quickly.
Often these low people will have poisoned other dogs too. I am usually a forgive and forget person but not for dog poisoners.

Dominicans see dogs as a lower animal and poisonings are a common event. Very difficult to train dogs not to eat "treats" they come across.

One of my dogs was a chicken and cat killer for all who wandered onto the property. He persisted until I eventually kept him inside at night.
I make every effort to keep my dogs quiet and contained to not annoy my neighbors.
This is a great idea, I was offering this to the police, but this is better

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This is a great idea, I was offering this to the police, but this is better
If you go this route and find out who actually poisoned your dog make sure you do whatever it takes to acheive your desired outcome because if you do not, your neighbors will lose all respect for you and probably never help you out again.
Good luck.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I have no opinion on the issue, but "make sure you do whatever it takes to achieve your desired outcome" sounds to me like instructions to someone to join in the sociopathic activities that led to the poor dog being poisoned in the first place. But to each their own. Glad someone is sleeping well.

"By any means necessary."

Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.