Somtimes its better to be sick here than back home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
BTW, the method I am currently trying to employ here with my 3 girls is give them three days to see if they get better based on what one of my best friends a MD told me. We alternate ibuprofen and acetaminophen to keep the fever under control but if it doesn't or the girls seem really congested or weak off to the doctor we run.

BTW, surprisingly my girls have needed a lot less antibiotics here in the DR than in Orlando. I would say on average our daughters were on antibiotic 4 to 6 times a year in Orlando and here in the DR 1 to 3 times max. I personally think it was because of the ac system because I always get sick every time I go back to the States.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Our problems have derived from our continued distancing from our forefather's and early settlers vision of this country; a decided Christian one open to all believers. Unfortunately, our excellent legal system has been hijacked by a few extremists and now Hollywood that would have us believe our Christian heritage is no longer important nor relevant in making policy decisions or legal judgments that would benefit the majority of the Christian believing population.

The Pilgrims, you know the folks who landed at Plymouth Rock? Did so because they were run out of England for being religious NUTS!

When I was a kid:

A classmate died because her parents (Jehovah Witnesses) did not allow a necessary transfusion. NUTS!

A friends baby brother died because his Baptist Father wouldn't allow him to be given the prescribed medicine because it contained alcohol. NUTS!

It became painfully obvious to me a long, long time ago that the subject of RELIGION does not belong in the same room as the subject of MEDICINE.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Going back to an earlier theme of the thread, my experience of the DR private health sector has been that it is very much business as opposed to patient oriented.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The Pilgrims, you know the folks who landed at Plymouth Rock? Did so because they were run out of England for being religious NUTS!

When I was a kid:

A classmate died because her parents (Jehovah Witnesses) did not allow a necessary transfusion. NUTS!

A friends baby brother died because his Baptist Father wouldn't allow him to be given the prescribed medicine because it contained alcohol. NUTS!

It became painfully obvious to me a long, long time ago that the subject of RELIGION does not belong in the same room as the subject of MEDICINE.

Two cases of religious abuse and now all Christian religion is defunct.

That's about the same logical argument that abortion needs to be legal because of cases of medical reasons and rape when in fact these account for less than 5% percent of the cases.

Thanks greydread for making my point for me that we have a minority in this country using a very minority of examples of abuses in order to overturn what our society was based on.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
~Beeza Begging your pardon, however the US health care system will care for people AHEAD of any promise to pay or up front payment....they do not turn anyone away from being treated with or without payment, US citizen or not....they get treated and hope they get paid, and if they do not get paid it costs all of us paying US citizens in the long run!!!

In the RD one must pay FIRST dying or not....so who's about making the money???

Yes you are correct to some extent. You go into a hospital and they do treat you, bill you and expect to get paid. If you dont pay, they will send your bill to collection. Then your f***! Cause if you get a bill for $10K and your a student trying to get by how are you going to get a car, house later on in life with this negative on your Credit Report? '

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

That's about the same logical argument that abortion needs to be legal because of cases of medical reasons and rape when in fact these account for less than 5% percent of the cases.

Thanks greydread for making my point for me that we have a minority in this country using a very minority of examples of abuses in order to overturn what our society was based on.

What do you think the percentage of Cold Blooded MURDERERS is in "this country"?

1% ?

0.5% ?

0.3% ?

Thank goodness we've got laws on the books to lock up that extreme "very minority" percentage of the population.

Keep your peanut butter away from my chocolate and your religion away from my medicine.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006

I think that they are two very good examples of why religion is daft.

And how do you know that greydead is in the minority?

I was brought up as a Christian, but I lost my faith in my teens. I have become very comfortable with my transition from agnostic to atheist and I know many people who silently feel the same. We may no longer be a minority.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Why is it that an antibiotic thread becomes a religious rant?

Que sera, sera!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.