Sorry Curt and Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
You are mistaken. Lots of posts on other boards and chatter from people in and around Sosua laid the blame at their feet. I was in Sosua last week for a few days, I witnessed the BS first hand, plus I have had to deal with it on DR1 and in the background via emails and PM's.

Most of you have absolutely no idea the pain and BS those two people have had to adure over this.

As I posted a week or so ago in the original MIA thread, some people should be disgusted at their actions and the baseless BS they continually pushed in the background.

I have no doubt Curt and Sandi have a lot of questions for D'Arcy, along with the ex-employees, associations etc etc etc.

Be careful there robert. . . . .talk like that may get you some vacation time points;-)

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
Rob,
Maybe it is some misunderstanding here .since English is not my native languages

From a logical point of view.
Could I not find any reasons to believe that Sandy and Curt was involved in this kidnapped of Darcy.

Because they would lost economical if Darcy had not come back, since he had not pay all the money for the business to Sandy and Curt..

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Indeed............and please don't make any comments regarding certain posters soliciting funds on behalf of you know who. Excuse me I have to go puke.

Reactions: AlaninDR

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I wonder if people aren't aware of normal police practice here? It would be normal to be brought in for questioning if one is family/housemates of a missing person. Doesn't mean the police are making any accusations, they are simply asking questions. If they make accusations they can hold you for a couple of days, after which it has to go before a judge in Court to make a decision whether there is sufficient evidence to remand for a fuller investigation. If BushBaby went missing I would fully expect to be asked to visit the police station for questioning (despite the fact that I might be tearing my hair out with worry at the time).

Likewise if one's spouse dies in the home, the police will want to question the survivng spouse. Not ideal timing, but it's what is done here. That's why many people arrange for their spouses last few days (when they have prior warning) to be spent in hospital. Fewer complications.

So really no-one should be reading police questioning as anything other than normal procedure. It has no other significance.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
So really no-one should be reading police questioning as anything other than normal procedure. It has no other significance.

I agree 100% with you, but as most of us know, it wasn't the police questioning that was the catalyst for much of the BS thrown at Curt and Sandi.

It was all the rumor mongering in the background, other peoples agendas, blocking police access allegations, they have a motive for killing him etc. Even my name and DR1 was mentioned at one point as being involved in the disappearance of D'Arcy.

Quite frankly it was disgusting, but nothing less than I expected from some expats that have lots of time on their hands and love the drama.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
I wasn't aware that Curt and Sandy were accused of being criminally involved in this case, but if they were then it was truly a travesty.

I think I was one of the first to voice my support of Curt and Sandy in the early goings, and I hadn't noticed any accusatory posts in the original D'Arcy thread, but then again my focus was elsewhere.

I will join in saying sorry to Curt and Sandy if they feel offended in any way. I certainly hope that I didn't give the appearance of holding them accountable for D'Arcy's disappearance. If that is how it appeared, then I am doubly sorry. It certainly was not my intention.

OH PULEEEASSSE, David! You are SO full of BS it's incredible! You weren't aware?? I call Bullsh!t on that one! You would stop in at our place almost NIGHTLY before this whole scam (yes, you read that correctly...SCAM) took place....then all of a sudden - you can't even walk past our balcony without looking in the other direction!!?? You have Todd staying at your place for days on end, spend countless hours at "ground zero" - and you are trying to tell me that YOU HAD NO IDEA THAT CURT & SANDI WERE BEING BLAMED????

What FVCKING EVER AS$HOLE!

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
I wonder if people aren't aware of normal police practice here? It would be normal to be brought in for questioning if one is family/housemates of a missing person. Doesn't mean the police are making any accusations, they are simply asking questions. If they make accusations they can hold you for a couple of days, after which it has to go before a judge in Court to make a decision whether there is sufficient evidence to remand for a fuller investigation. If BushBaby went missing I would fully expect to be asked to visit the police station for questioning (despite the fact that I might be tearing my hair out with worry at the time).

Likewise if one's spouse dies in the home, the police will want to question the survivng spouse. Not ideal timing, but it's what is done here. That's why many people arrange for their spouses last few days (when they have prior warning) to be spent in hospital. Fewer complications.

But from reading their version of events, it was clear (at least to me) that Curt and Sandy FELT like they were suspects (and they live here, and supposedly know how it works here). And from reading pre-rescue posts (here and another site) it was pretty apparent others were talking about them as if they were suspects.

And now in this thread it seems like some are insinuating they were never suspects, and are surprised that anyone would have thought they were considered suspects.

tomas2

Nov 29, 2005
But from reading their version of events, it was clear (at least to me) that Curt and Sandy FELT like they were suspects (and they live here, and supposedly know how it works here). And from reading pre-rescue posts (here and another site) it was pretty apparent others were talking about them as if they were suspects.

And now in this thread it seems like some are insinuating they were never suspects, and are surprised that anyone would have thought they were considered suspects.

Sorry, too long typing my comments before submitting. I didn't mean to just repeat others comments.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007

The same DR1 crowd has been sluething around for years. When they're wrong they shut up and vanish.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
OH PULEEEASSSE, David! You are SO full of BS it's incredible! You weren't aware?? I call Bullsh!t on that one! You would stop in at our place almost NIGHTLY before this whole scam (yes, you read that correctly...SCAM) took place....then all of a sudden - you can't even walk past our balcony without looking in the other direction!!?? You have Todd staying at your place for days on end, spend countless hours at "ground zero" - and you are trying to tell me that YOU HAD NO IDEA THAT CURT & SANDI WERE BEING BLAMED????

What FVCKING EVER AS$HOLE!

You guys have every reason to be "not very happy" as your names also came up more than once as being accused of a cover up and being active in the disappearance of D'Arcy.

Reactions: AlaninDR

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
and I thought Dominicans were chismosos...

In my 44 years and almost 5 years of living here in the DR I thought Dominicans, especially the women, were the biggest gossipers I have come across. Since this thing with apos I've had to rethink that obviously, sheesh.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I don't know Curt and Sandy personally and had not read one of their posts in the past. But after reading and analyzing this whole thing I must express that I also feel for you. Feel the stress you must be going through. I know it is hard and it isn't as easy as saying "one more experience lived, learn and move on" but...hang in there! Your name/reputation is all you have. THINGS WILL COME TO LIGHT and I hope they turn out in a favorable outcome for all parties (although it seems quite hard, really).

Best wishes!

astroblaster

Dec 30, 2009
good folk treated badly

yes I agree these people need to hear sorry from all involved including darcy himself,these people have been to hell and back and some . BEST of LUCK people .

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Is there a convention in town?

ek5e1v.jpg

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was aware of the accusations (story behind the story). I was shocked to hear that people were throwing the blame at curt and sandy. Then it was even more surprising to hear that most of these folks were from sosua who knew curt and sandy well. I mean, hello!!!!!. Does this couple resemble anything like the natural born killers to anyone? You folk better stop drinking all the cheap cuba libres, and start thinking of getting real jobs and making better use of your free time. Can't believe some people were on that track. Sure enough this drama has caused many people to split up in small little groups and sadly many friendships which took years to mature have now gone to dirt. This is totally unforgivable and unforgettable. I praise sandy and curt for holding their composure so well through out this whole ordeal. I am surprised curt and sandy have not kicked a few asses during these hard times.
No folks, I don't think curt and sandy were after darcy's money. These people have different plans in life and they are on the verge of changing their lives. Disappearance of darcy had changed their future plans 180 degrees. These people had more to lose from Darcy's disappearance than many of you folks care to think. I bet curt, sandy, sue and Alan are so glad to be leaving this filthy town called sosua. I wish you folks good health, success and happiness in your new destination.
P.s alan, I will see you today (wednesday).
AZB

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Good job! What a refreshing change from the sanctimonious equivocating going around here.

I was aware of the accusations (story behind the story). I was shocked to hear that people were throwing the blame at curt and sandy. Then it was even more surprising to hear that most of these folks were from sosua who knew curt and sandy well. I mean, hello!!!!!. Does this couple resemble anything like the natural born killers to anyone? You folk better stop drinking all the cheap cuba libres, and start thinking of getting real jobs and making better use of your free time. Can't believe some people were on that track. Sure enough this drama has caused many people to split up in small little groups and sadly many friendships which took years to mature have now gone to dirt. This is totally unforgivable and unforgettable. I praise sandy and curt for holding their composure so well through out this whole ordeal. I am surprised curt and sandy have not kicked a few asses during these hard times.
No folks, I don't think curt and sandy were after darcy's money. These people have different plans in life and they are on the verge of changing their lives. Disappearance of darcy had changed their future plans 180 degrees. These people had more to lose from Darcy's disappearance than many of you folks care to think. I bet curt, sandy, sue and Alan are so glad to be leaving this filthy town called sosua. I wish you folks good health, success and happiness in your new destination.
P.s alan, I will see you today (wednesday).
AZB

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Xmas Luck

All this hype about this "Baldera Case II" would be put to rest IF the PN had an interest in finding the truth. :tired:
They'd simply round up players, true or presumed witnesses, family members and business partners. This is normal procedure here.
I am certain we'd be nearer to the truth a few days later. ;)

Of course the police do not care about this telenovela. There's no money to be made at this stage as too many people are watching.

I have no interest in the outcome of all this but if this turns out to be a hoax some people ought to be arrested.

donP

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Given the recent business transaction and the apparent rocky transition, it is perfectly natural that C & S would be considered persons of interest.

I don't think many people of sound mind actually thought C & S were directly involved with the disappearance.

Some people probably suspect that the business deal was not what D'Arcy thought it was and perhaps may have contributed to him being in a vulnerable state.
Since the robbery gone bad theory is not correct, and this was alleged to have been a gunpoint abduction, his state of mind would not have changed this event.

I think the flash point that ignited much of the animosity is the issue of whether or not the police were denied access to D'Arcy's room.
When one side says it is white and the other says it is black, the discrepancy of claims could hardly be more different.
Obviously this would create great suspicions on both sides.
Even if they were denied or discouraged, it probably had nothing to do with the disappearance and was merely a side issue, but looks highly suspicious none the less, especially for people who are already POI.

I think the thing that is so confusing in all of this is what is the motive?

What possible gain would C & S have with D'Arcy disappearing?
I can't think of any.

All criminals must weight the risk/reward and consider whether or not the potential gains of a criminal act justify the risk of getting caught.
It doesn't make sense to risk an extremely serious offence of kidnapping for no potential reward.
I think it would cost a hell of a lot of money to pay someone to do such a job and again, to what end/gain?

What possible motive would D'Arcy have to disappear?
I'd like to know if he intends to honour his contract with C & S as this could dispel any motive that I can imagine, which I would rather not get into here.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
I'd like to know if he intends to honour his contract with C & S as this could dispel any motive that I can imagine, which I would rather not get into here.

After what has happened, will there still be a viable business to take over once the dust has settled? As I understand it (from C&S's post), the business needed running with a day-to-day hands-on approach which, I assume, has not been there since D'Arcy's disappearance. A business like this must surely operate on a very high degree of trust between all the parties concerned associations - renters - employees etc and one wonders whether it can be rebuilt to the degree that enables the business to operate efficiently & profitably.
Regards
Reidy

Status
Not open for further replies.