Sosúa élections ??

flaco1

Feb 19, 2021
Paris
Can someone CALMY explain what's at stake in the upcoming elections in Sosúa? I can't find the candidates' programs...

Last time the oppositions were clear: Ilana wanted a gringo Sosúa, replacing poor girls with rich retirees. With Punta Cana-style hotels, including one on Sosúa beach. Willy wanted a Sosúa del pueblo, meaning nothing changes. Today, Willy and Ilana are allies, the beach is artificialized, the girls continue to be brutalized... Will the people of Sosúa really vote for what they rejected last time? Are there any alternatives? What does Willy want to do with his new mandate?

Who will fight dengue fever? Who's going to save the last parrotfish that protect the coral reefs and thus the erosion of the beach? Who will finally install stable electricity? Continuous running water? Sewers that don't end up in the sea and fill us with bacteria? Will the beach casitas be destroyed? What about the relegation of the playa chiquita district into a red light district? Will there be a giant resort in the middle of Sosúa beach, possibly privatized? Who is really going to fight against the crazy drivers who kill and are killed almost every week? Which candidate stands for what? With what realistic budget? All I see are vague, egotic, unplanned and unfunded promises.

I want to know what fait awaits us.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Can someone CALMY explain what's at stake in the upcoming elections in Sosúa? I can't find the candidates' programs...

Last time the oppositions were clear: Ilana wanted a gringo Sosúa, replacing poor girls with rich retirees. With Punta Cana-style hotels, including one on Sosúa beach. Willy wanted a Sosúa del pueblo, meaning nothing changes. Today, Willy and Ilana are allies, the beach is artificialized, the girls continue to be brutalized... Will the people of Sosúa really vote for what they rejected last time? Are there any alternatives? What does Willy want to do with his new mandate?

Who will fight dengue fever? Who's going to save the last parrotfish that protect the coral reefs and thus the erosion of the beach? Who will finally install stable electricity? Continuous running water? Sewers that don't end up in the sea and fill us with bacteria? Will the beach casitas be destroyed? What about the relegation of the playa chiquita district into a red light district? Will there be a giant resort in the middle of Sosúa beach, possibly privatized? Who is really going to fight against the crazy drivers who kill and are killed almost every week? Which candidate stands for what? With what realistic budget? All I see are vague, egotic, unplanned and unfunded promises.

None of what you mentioned is controlled or improved by the mayor of the Sosua. The mayor does little more than control garbage collection.

Billp16

Jul 20, 2018

Melania published her platform today - Zero from Willy other than his van driving around town BLARING music in contrast to the noise bylaw he put in. And "Willy has a new mandate"? Really? And you dead right on the vague, unfunded promises. Kinda like Canada and the USA. It's politics

flaco1

Feb 19, 2021
Paris
None of what you mentioned is controlled or improved by the mayor of the Sosua. The mayor does little more than control garbage collection.
He doesn't, the verdadero is a disaster, intoxicating a significant part of the city and no one talk about how to fix this (??). What to they chose in their municipal elections then??

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Haha ,
the Very First Response to the OP..... Bullseye . word for word.

thank for saving us the Typing..

I was literally gonna say " At best, All they do is wash the Socks of those in the Higher Positions "

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa

More importantly, who's going to end world hunger? End poverty? Give housing and enough food to everyone? End wars? End crime? Cure all sickness? Take away death?

flaco1

Feb 19, 2021
Paris
More importantly, who's going to end world hunger? End poverty? Give housing and enough food to everyone? End wars? End crime? Cure all sickness? Take away death?
I'm talking about very local, pragmatic and municipal things: the mayor have the power to rule the streets, rule the beach, he decides what is buildable or not. He decides regarding the red light district. He can allow resources to improve the sewers. Or at least get the money from the government if he has political weight. This is a critical time for the city, for it's people and for us. Willy did nothing but sidewalks no one use and he invited Rochdi in a concert. I don't understand that you don't understand.

• Haha
Reactions: Kricke87

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I'm talking about very local, pragmatic and municipal things: the mayor have the power to rule the streets, rule the beach, he decides what is buildable or not. He decides regarding the red light district. He can allow resources to improve the sewers. Or at least get the money from the government if he has political weight. This is a critical time for the city, for it's people and for us. Willy did nothing but sidewalks no one use and he invited Rochdi in a concert. I don't understand that you don't understand.
Lol Yeah, keep living in your fantasy... Apparently you haven't been here long enough to understand how things are... 😅 And NO he doesn't have all that power, but keep dreaming

Reactions: jd426 and Billp16

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I am waiting to see how long it takes to fill the new pothole just in front of the east end of Playero. Will it drag on like the disaster at the Hispaniola street entrance where Corraplata dicked around for 4 months causing many a Honda Civic to lose their front bumpers ?

Reactions: cavok and Billp16

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
You say the same about almost every new poster. Why not give them a chance for a while rather than jumping to conclusions?
His First Post was Feb 20 2021... where he jumped right in with specific Knowledge about Sosua
Then he stops Posting. for almost 3 Years
Then he pops back up yesterday 2/10/24
Claims he is from Paris ( profile) , does he sound like someone from Paris to you?

so yeagh, highly odd.
he/ she is NOT a " New Poster", that is a mathematical Fact
so "Sock puppet" is the exact and only correct definition.

flaco1

Feb 19, 2021
Paris
His First Post was Feb 20 2021... where he jumped right in with specific Knowledge about Sosua
Then he stops Posting. for almost 3 Years
Then he pops back up yesterday 2/10/24
Claims he is from Paris ( profile) , does he sound like someone from Paris to you?

so yeagh, highly odd.
he/ she is NOT a " New Poster", that is a mathematical Fact
so "Sock puppet" is the exact and only correct definition.
Thank you for this stunning inquiry. Looks like we have ourselves a new Lieutenant Columbo. As a reminder the topic of this post is: what is the future of Sosúa after these elections... Knowing that Willy will probably be re elected, but for what (??)

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Thank you for this stunning inquiry. Looks like we have ourselves a new Lieutenant Columbo. As a reminder the topic of this post is: what is the future of Sosúa after these elections... Knowing that Willy will probably be re elected, but for what (??)
I wonder if Willy knows what's wright

• Love
Reactions: jd426

flaco1

Feb 19, 2021
Paris
I wonder if Willy knows what's wright
Willy knows everything, don't say anything, and apparently no one ask anything. These elections are a unique opportunity to learn a very little slice of truth regarding dirty plots. I don't understand why the beach casitas people stopped protesting while it's clearly their moment to be heard and pressure the candidates. I was hoping someone here would know more about this.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Willy knows everything, don't say anything, and apparently no one ask anything. These elections are a unique opportunity to learn a very little slice of truth regarding dirty plots. I don't understand why the beach casitas people stopped protesting while it's clearly their moment to be heard and pressure the candidates. I was hoping someone here would know more about this.
I'll say this, Willy knows who's who. He knows who's defrauded investors, stolen money, defrauded the PN, folks with outstanding warrants. Oh, he's keeping his list alright, and checking it twice!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
J1tLaTl.jpg

J1tLlQS.jpg

J1tLcj2.jpg

J1tr84j.jpg

J1trU3x.jpg