SOS @ airports

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I'm with Capt. Rob57 on this one, and, yes, you all are right. I'm Dominican, and with extensive knowlege of the DR military, and I frequenly kowtow with top brass. It is customary for a DR Navy admiral, vice-admiral, rear-admiral refer their rank to laymen (those understood as not familiar with the DR military) as general.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I'm with Capt. Rob57 on this one, and, yes, you all are right. I'm Dominican, and with extensive knowlege of the DR military, and I frequenly kowtow with top brass. It is customary for a DR Navy admiral, vice-admiral, rear-admiral refer their rank to laymen (those understood as not familiar with the DR military) as general.
That's all well & fine, but Capt Rob claimed expertise in the matter.
Look at some of the things he wrote.
Bueno cuando yo habla con el es si Commandant. That is a general.
Wrong.

The ranks here are different.
Wrong.

At the marina de gerrera they have coronal and generals
Wrong again.

do not tell me I have been dealing with them for 25 years.
Claiming to be an expert, not a layman.

Now in english it might mean admiral but here it is general.
Completely wrong.

And he had the stars on is collar to prove it.
Admirals have them too, from 1 to 5.

My friend is also a retired One star general from the navy. I have seen his credentials and new him before he retired.
Not only wrong, but trying to con us.

We're just trying to help this dude get it straight, and instead of listening, he's trying to con us with telling us he's seen "the general's" ID.
Ain't right.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have a sneaking feeling that it's a case of beware Miradors who appear to be on your side............;) (as in Greeks bearing gifts!). Look at the masterpiece of putdown.............:):)

It is customary for a DR Navy admiral, vice-admiral, rear-admiral refer their rank to laymen (those understood as not familiar with the DR military) as general.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Poor General

It will take only little more time that it sinks in in the 'big heads' that they are just as vulnerable as tourists.
It's the same with politicians who get robbed and attacked at their houses... just like Jos? in the barrio.

But there's a slight difference:
DominicanosHoy.com - Funcionarios ganan entre 125 y 225 sueldos m?nimos

So, let's hope that Sr. General has a better chance than other travellers to get his stuff back.

m'frog

Last edited:

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
Like I said all I am trying to do is help all of us correct the problems at the airport. They call themselves anything they I don' care. But I know what I was told. No of you were with me. The comodante was introduced to me as General. That is all I have to say. Right or wromg I don't care.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
The Comodante

.... The comodante was introduced to me as General.

Could very well be.
In that case the general runs a 'compraventa'.... ;)

On the other hand I've overheard that tigueres del barrio greet themselves 'Que tal, comandante'.
And it always came to my mind that the so addressed must be in command of a drug point....

m'frog

Capt. Rob57

Mar 22, 2006
I do not know. Only can say that I knew the General when he was a Colonel and then after a 10 years of knowing him he was promoted to General. I know his family etc. I could be wrong I am not saying I am rite, But it is a window to try to get some changes. I do not know why everyone is so concerned about the rake of the person. We should care if changes are made.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I do not know. Only can say that I knew the General when he was a Colonel and then after a 10 years of knowing him he was promoted to General. I know his family etc. I could be wrong I am not saying I am rite, But it is a window to try to get some changes. I do not know why everyone is so concerned about the rake of the person. We should care if changes are made.
Jings Capt Rob - I hope you don't sail your boat as you write a message here!! You have more turns & backtracks than a Snakes & Ladders board!!

If you met him 10 years ago as a Colonel, you would have been introduced to him as a colonel - NOT as General!
YES, you did say that you were right & that those contradicting you were wrong ..... Honest!!
I doubt that your meeting will have too much success as the airport authorities will doubtless claim it was taken in Miami rather than here. If it can be PROVEN that the items were removed here (highly unlikely) then the higher- ups will cover for the lower-downs & get their rake (that IS 'rake' - not 'rank') after your General/Admiral, Navy/army but reassigned to navy guy has had his rant & walked away.

I do seriously wish you luck with the meeting though - I HOPE something will come from it ....... (ever the optimist!!). ~ Grahame.