sosua area water trucks advice

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
I've gotten two truckloads from him in the last week. RD$3000 for a full truck, supposedly 3000 gallons. The first was fine but a little short, the second was full of rust. It looked clean going in, but a little while after he left I started getting rust in the house and now my cistern has a nice rust layer. It must have been settled on the bottom of the trucks. I called him, he says it must be my tank, and wont any my calls anymore.

In fairness to Jose, if there is crud (sediment, rust, whatever) in your cistern, it will inevitably be churned up when the water he brings is put in. We have used him MANY times over the years and have never had a rust issue. We have a very small cistern which won't even hold one of his full trucks, so we have him put the rest in the pool. We also had him bring several trucks of water last year after we had our pool resurfaced (knowing we'd never get it filled again if we waited for Corraplata to provide water!). The pool remained clear while the cistern water is mucky for a day or so until the crud settles again (we can see it all laying on the bottom when the water level is low). One of these days when the water is low again, we need to have the cistern cleaned out before he brings us water!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
In fairness to Jose, if there is crud (sediment, rust, whatever) in your cistern, it will inevitably be churned up when the water he brings is put in. We have used him MANY times over the years and have never had a rust issue. We have a very small cistern which won't even hold one of his full trucks, so we have him put the rest in the pool. We also had him bring several trucks of water last year after we had our pool resurfaced (knowing we'd never get it filled again if we waited for Corraplata to provide water!). The pool remained clear while the cistern water is mucky for a day or so until the crud settles again (we can see it all laying on the bottom when the water level is low). One of these days when the water is low again, we need to have the cistern cleaned out before he brings us water!

I guess it could be an isolated incident, but I have been trying to fill my pool so I have emptied and filled the cistern three times in the last week and had no rust issues. It was completely empty the first time he came, and I had no problems. Most importantly, neither my concrete cistern nor my pvc plumbing can rust.

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
I guess it could be an isolated incident, but I have been trying to fill my pool so I have emptied and filled the cistern three times in the last week and had no rust issues. It was completely empty the first time he came, and I had no problems. Most importantly, neither my concrete cistern nor my pvc plumbing can rust.

That is strange...hopefully just an isolated occurrence? Although it pains me to pay his prices, he's been very reliable and responsive. We had tried another company that was slightly less expensive but got really gross water and felt like the guy was casing our house the entire time he was there! We went back to Jose after that.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
jr,
There is moderate pressure in Perla Marina today. About 50 psi !

HTH

Olly and the Team

sandk

Sep 20, 2010
jr,
There is moderate pressure in Perla Marina today. About 50 psi !

HTH

Olly and the Team

Hmm...that's better than what we've gotten - air - literally! JR, you getting any water down there?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
no nothing here not even air - if its like the last time they turned it off they caused a massive airlock and had to dig up the main road