Sosua Clinic - Bad Press

U

user123

I went to CMC once and never again! I'd rather take my chances with a Haitian brujo to heal me than CMC.

T

TotalBlondee

I had an open abscess on the end of my tailbone. I went to a local free clinic here in Puerto Plata and was given antibiotics free. They worked well too.

You are so, so lucky and smart to seek early treatment. Friend returned to Canada with what he thought was an ingrown hair. By the time he sought treatment he had a major blood infection and ended up in hospital on iv antibiotics for over ten days.

C

cavok

I had an open abscess on the end of my tailbone. I went to a local free clinic here in Puerto Plata and was given antibiotics free. They worked well too.

I think you got lucky(?). I know of many Dominicans who have been in the free public hospitals and a family member has to stay with them because there's no floor nurses on duty at night. The family even has to bring them food as well as any other required medications or other medical necessities.

Private clinics do not give you free medications unless the doc happens to have some free samples in his desk. All medical insurance policies offer coverage for medications for exactly that reason.

W

william webster

Public hospitals
You might need sheets.... pillow. towel...
always a family member at your side....without fail

M

Meemselle

I've had 8 serious medical events. All were handled by CMC. I would say that 6 out of 8 were handled well.