Sosua private school fees.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
My kids currently go to Garden Kids. They have just increased their fees for year 2024-25. I have two kids in middle school which cost $6,970 per child per year plus $700 for annual registration.

If anyone has kids in other schools, would you mind posting their fees here. I'm particularly interested if there is a big gap in fees between GKIS and ISS.

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
My kids currently go to Garden Kids. They have just increased their fees for year 2024-25. I have two kids in middle school which cost $6,970 per child per year plus $700 for annual registration.

If anyone has kids in other schools, would you mind posting their fees here. I'm particularly interested if there is a big gap in fees between GKIS and ISS.
I believe the $6,970 includes the $700 annual registration fee.

Aug 21, 2007
I have a small colegio in Jamao. Nivel Inicial. That means 3 and 4 year olds and kindergarten, 5-6 year olds. While we do have children of professionals, more than half of our students are poor. The poorest receive scholarships, but everyone must pay something. Tuition is solely based on ability to pay. Our highest yearly tuition which is broken into monthly payments is $388 USD (2,500 pesos paid over 9 months.)

Many school expenses are supplemented by my non -profit Strength for the Journey.

Parents have begged us to continue with primary grades but after doing a cost assessment we realized that the income levels in Jamao did not even support a tuition cost of $1,000 USD a year.

Remember your tuition is not just paying teacher salaries. It is paying for desks, copiers, computers, consumable supplies, and other educational needs. You need cooks, cleaners, secretaries and teaching assistants. Schools are not cheap to run and I doubt that any private school in Sosua is making a big profit.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My daughter went to ISS in Sousa about 20 years ago for 2 years. It was very small then. Don't really remember the fees though..............But it did serve her well.......

Aug 21, 2007
My daughter went to ISS in Sousa about 20 years ago for 2 years. It was very small then. Don't really remember the fees though..............But it did serve her well.......
Colegios typically do a better job educating than the public schools.