Sosua Promoting Tourism From Israel

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
forgetting is INEVITABLE. each generation will care less and less. as i asked, who remembers wars fought a 100 years ago? this too will be forgotten, no matter how much you try to cling to the thought it even matters at all. it does not. in the slightest. the soldiers of the past are sleeping in their graves.

I'm not so sure about that D. One of my cousins from upstate NY met a guy from Tennessee who was working temporarily with his company near where she lived. His parents were horrified that he was marrying a 'Yankee Girl'. To 'Northerners' the Civil War [1860s] is ancient history, but to some Southerners it just happened. [They got married, she moved to Lebanon, TN, and now speaks with a twang].

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I am 65 years old and my parents survived Auschwitch and other camps but I don't blame the current generation Germans for this but I will never forget it and I am incredibly gratefully to all the alliance who freed Europe from the Nazis. Without the Americans, Canadians, English, Polish etc. I would not exist today.

Incredible: The Holocaust List found

This story was aired on CBS on "60 MINUTES" **
about a long-secret German archive that houses a treasure trove of information on 17.5 million victims of the Holocaust. The archive, located in the German town of Bad Arolsen, is massive (there are 16 miles of shelving containing 50 million pages of documents)and until recently, was off-limits to the public. But after the German government agreed earlier this year to open the archives, CBS News' Scott Pelley traveled there with three Jewish survivors who were able to see their own Holocaust records. It's an incredibly moving piece, all the more poignant in the wake of the meeting of Holocaust deniers in Iran and the denial speeches in the UN.

We're trying to get word out about the story to people who have a special interest in this subject. It is now more than 60 years after the Second World War in Europe ended. This e-mail is being sent as a memorial chain, in memory of the six million Jews, 20 million Russians, 10 million Christians and 1,900 Catholic priests who were murdered, massacred, raped, burned, starved and humiliated with the German and Russia peoples looking the other way! Now, more than ever, with Iran , among others, claiming the Holocaust to be "a myth," it is imperative to make sure the world never forgets.

Hitler's Secret Archive - 60 Minutes - CBS News

Here you have a more detailed list which also estimates 7-9 million Germans.
World War II casualties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Don't forget raping ,burning and carpet bombing by the allies, including two A bombs to "reduce"overall casualties.
However in my mind WW2 was the only justifiable war.
Maybe the world has not yet forgotten,but it sure does not seem to learn from it's mistakes to evolve to the next level.
Hope that Jewish tourism will grow in Sosua for whatever reason.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The building with shops, right behind Bailey?s Bar Restaurant and next to Banco Popular on calle Dr. Alejo Martinez and restaurant ?la Roca? are one of the first buildings from Jewish settlers in Sos?a.
Then, after visiting the Jewish cemetery compensate your bored mind with plenty drinks and women to enjoy this triple.

Your previous post seemed to be serious reminding us not to forget.
Compensating your bored mind after visiting the cemetery with drinks and women deludes your previous comment and makes me question your sincerity...... was it just propaganda?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
For those that don't know and don't care about History then all IS lost. For those that learned History and understand it are those that help shape tomorrow. It is very clear that some don't get the importance of History at all.

Getting back to the OP concerning the promotion of Jewish tourism. I've posted a couple of "links" that would support that. (not that some really read or cared to understand.) The original culture also learned that they had to adapt to a harsh political regime and into Catholic Country. So this struggle to survive, acclimate and move forward is interesting. I would think that anyone that has moved to Sosua has done some research to learn about their new homes. ????

Sousa History is rich in the Jewish culture that could be developed that could change Sousa and the North Coast into a much better place. A prosperous north coast. A multi national north coast. A destination for all.

One can only hope.