Sosua to Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I'll be in DR next month. Where can I catch a bus from Sosua to Cabarete?

In front of the Texaco Station on the main road you can catch either a guagua (POP-Rio San Juan) or a public Taxi (Sosua-Cabarete). The guagua shoud be 10 pesos and the public taxi about 20 pesos. The guagua runs until 8PM and the public taxi runs 24 hours (5 pesos more after 8PM).

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Thanks!

I've decided on not renting a car this trip and i'll be using the guagua as much as possible.

Thanks for the advice.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I've decided on not renting a car this trip and i'll be using the guagua as much as possible.

Thanks for the advice.

Be sure to have pay with correct change so that you aren't given a gringo price when they make change for you and be cautious of pickpockets.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The public taxis to Cabarete and beyond load across the street from the Texaco station and have a blue box on top. The publicos (which is what we call them here) that go to Puerto Plata load on same side of street as Texaco and have a red box on top.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Ken, HOWMAR

Great advice guys - I know about the exact change thing but it's a great reminder since my last trip was in February. There's so much to take for granted up here in Canada...

I now know what to look for in terms of the stops.

thank you!
N.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I didn't know this...

The guagua runs until 8PM and the public taxi runs 24 hours (5 pesos more after 8PM).
I thought all public transportation (except motoconchos) ended around 8 to 10 at night. Can I really catch a publico to/from Cabarete at 2-3 AM? Does this apply to the publicos to/from Puerto Plata as well?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I thought all public transportation (except motoconchos) ended around 8 to 10 at night. Can I really catch a publico to/from Cabarete at 2-3 AM? Does this apply to the publicos to/from Puerto Plata as well?

Yes, there is transportation all night. The hotels have employees coming and going at all hours and they need to be transported to their work or their homes. You may wait longer at night than in the day, but eventually you will be picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.