Sosua Xmas dinners?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, for some reason there was no Butterball Turkey around Thanksgiving in Punta Cana also. But they had another brand from the US that was equally good cooked right. Usually you can find Butterball all year round here.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
WOW! what a pleasant surprise! We will gladly accept donations of children's toys or money. I personally guarantee that ALL of it will be hand delivered to kids in need..... and I even welcome you to come along with me to participate in the deliver which will occur at 9pm on New Year's eve night. The amount of gifts to be distributed with directly depend on the amount of donations received. However, if I see this generosity from other, I will do so as well to grow the pile.

Please feel free to come talk to me directly with any questions or donations.

Jesse,

I expect to be in country for New Years and can't think of a better way to spend it than helping out. I have a large pickup with a cap on the back so if you need help transporting I would be glad to help out. You can P.M. me to coordinate (not sure how to access a P.M. but I guess i can figure it out).

We (at Rocky's) do NOT do a Christmas dinner.

In the past we have done a new years eve dinner and after that is when we give out all of the gifts to the needy children. Those gifts are purchased with the profit from thanksgiving dinner and any donations that people offer. However, thanksgiving had two large group reservations of 8 people each that did not even bother to show up. Also a couple of smaller reservations did not show either. This caused us to run at a loss because of the extra food we had purchased and prepared cost money and of course we did not have the income from the dinners for the reservations that screwed us.

Its really sad honestly. I was really looking forward to keeping the tradition alive. However, I had to pay the loss for thanksgiving, so I am really not wanting to dig into my own pocket further and be the only person buying gifts even if it is for a good cause. So...... unless something changes and we get a some donations or something, I will likely have to cancel the gifting tradition this year as well. Makes me quite sad...... and perhaps a bit sick to the stomach. People can really let you down hard.....

That is what being in business is! You take Risks.

DarthKnowl

Sep 23, 2012
What up Jessie, It's Knowledge. The food was good on Thanksgiving. I know how hard you worked on that. Sorry that group of 8 didn't show. Eric and I came at least.

Last edited by a moderator: