Split A/C's {Stupid Question Alert}

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
well 22 was really cold. I had a wonderful New England experience!

I did raise it to 24 for last night but thanks for the tip. I will set it higher because going into the living room is really hard with the one room so cool.

I will experiment over this month and see how it goes. Also will figure out the timer and turn it off after two hours.. all that stuff..

JD,, you are BLESSED for this one!! really..

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Have spent the day with both splits on 27 (which is about 80) and the doors open to the rooms. Find that they cool the halls, and a bit of the living room.. AHHHHH heaven. With the doors closed, the small rooms are cold but the hall and living room are like I imagine Southern India during the rainy season. So I am going to try putting them both up to 27 or 28 and leaving them on while I am here.

They do not seem to be running that often.

Or am I kidding myself?

They are so quiet that maybe I am just not hearing them.

Maybe tomorrow I will figure out the timer .. instructions are in Spanish, translated directly from the Chinese, it seems.

At least that way I can see how much real comfort will cost me and then I can drop down from there.

I have not used the window AC in the office at all, just the fan.

it has been bliss.

I guess I just want them ON I do not want to go back to the SWAMP I want this cool dry feeling..

the electric bill may change my mind.

Sep 4, 2012
When I look at the La Sirena catalog, or emarket.do, I see several advertised from RD$16,000- RD$40,000.

I figure I need two 18k BTU split A/Cs, and I can't for the life of me figure out if that is going to cost me US$600, or US$2000.

Anyone has rough prices for alike items at Plaza Lama, PriceSmart?