Spraying for mosquitos

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016

Bats are our friends! Good idea mobrouser. With the natural forest being taken down as progress and development moves in, our hard working and friendly bats have been on the down. Turn off your yard lights at night and turn on the pool light and lay back and watch these guys swoop right above your pool and head. Really wonderful.

But not so many any more with all the expansion and building.

I built some bat houses years ago and I think that I can build them again. They are really a joy to watch and they do their job.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo fumigates the garden occasionally, i will look for the bottle to check what he uses. it's mixed with water and sprayed from a small pump. no ill effects on dogs who spend all the time in the garden nor cats who go in and out.

here is a picture of the bottle:

24fwbx5.jpg

10 ml for each 4 liters of water. mix, put in a "bomba", spray. good to wear a mask, it kinda stinks. i have seen no ill effects on our pets, miesposo included.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
as it seems the mosquitos love me.

I was going to recommend finding a chika with sweet skin to be the designated decoy... :)

If you've had Dengue before (especially in a different country), I hear that a second round can be especially dangerous.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
At the risk of sounding like a tree hugger....

Anything labelled "Toxico" and with a picture of a skull and cross bones deserves further investigation into what its contents are and their effects on the environment.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
We shipped down something called a Mosquito Magnet, might be what that is?????  Has liquid and CO2 cartridges, runs on propane. Haven't tried it yet. 

www.mosquitomagnet.com. 

Sounds like it's time to try it!!

I have a similar one, new, in the box, unused.

Sounds like it's time to try it!! ack!

Do it yourself mosquito trap as provided by Mr. Bill Clarke on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qn1Uu00Ax5g

These really seem to pull them in. I have used them before with pretty good success, but you have to "recharge" them frequently.

I used to make mine with a doble litro bottle.

I also have a Black Flag handheld propane fogger, but according to the label, it's only good for a few hours each time you fog.