Staggering numbers over 3 years!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I have always been aware, I'm not shocked at the involvement, I'm shocked at the official numbers.
It shouldn't draw those who don't want involvement, those involved deserve far stricter sentencing.
It asures me nicely that if these numbers are being released to the public and it still doesn't effect or bother me, then it probably never will.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Hopefully this information will allow you to see what the war on drugs is actually doing. It is corrupting virtually everyone that touches it.

Well this is where we differ on opinion, I don't see a war on drugs. A war requires a minimum of two sides. No one seems tobe fighting it, only the unfortunate ones are made of public example so theunderground business can carry on while they are seen to be doing something. No one can can point fingers at the top dogs if they are seen to be firing those involved.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I bet that 5,000 is a "drop in the bucket" compared to how many police and military are actually involved. 5,000 are just the ones that were caught and expelled.

As far as not drawing those who are not involved, there are certainly a majority that don't get dirty by the temptation of easy money. Unfortunately a significant number are corrupted.

It says a lot for their recrutment and trainning depts.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
didnt you say you werent bothered about corruption in your previous thread

Yes I did and it doesn't in the slightest. I'm not oblivious to it and that is why I am not bothered by it. I find these numbers outer are quite significant though as it obviously is only a percentage of the actual numbers.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
You don't think that spending billions of dollars to fight the drugs is not a war? What is it, children playing in a sandbox? Check out the War on Drugs Clock below. This year the US alone has spent over $44 Billion and I am sure some of that money makes its way to the DR to hire corrupt law enforcement officials.

Drug War Clock | DrugSense

No I don't. I do believe in the states then you have a war, this is not a discussion about the US. I think it is all a screen here, not a war, cover up to camouflage the reality. A few casualties to keep the generalpublic and eyes of international nosey Parkers quiet. There is no fight/battle/war from this country.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The positive from this news is that the government is trying to fight corruption. Unfortunately, they would be a great deal more effective if they raised the salary of soldiers and police to above poverty levels. There will always be corruption but this doesn't mean legalizing drugs here in the DR will happen in the next 50 years.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The positive from this news is that the government is trying to fight corruption. Unfortunately, they would be a great deal more effective if they raised the salary of soldiers and police to above poverty levels. There will always be corruption but this doesn't mean legalizing drugs here in the DR will happen in the next 50 years.

They seem to be having the desired effect on you so it seems, falling for the smoke screen.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
They seem to be having the desired effect on you so it seems, falling for the smoke screen.

Yes because I'm obviously convinced that the Dominican system of politics is superior.

At any rate I thought you didn't let corruption bother you.

What gives now?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Yes because I'm obviously convinced that the Dominican system of politics is superior.

At any rate I thought you didn't let corruption bother you.

What gives now?

It doesn't bother me, this doesn't mean I don't think it exists. It is all around me, I know this, I can discuss it without being involved, bothered or effected by it. An opinion is still relevant, bothered or otherwise, only the outcome doesn't make a difference to me.