Stand by me

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Try taking Red Yeast Rice. I ahd very good results with that.

BE CAREFUL with Red Yeast Rice, as it is not FDA regulated, and the dosage is not consistant. The active ingredient, lovastatin or monacolin K, can mess with your liver enzymes.

See a doctor and get an Rx.

Have a speedy recovery Bob!

Reactions: mike l
May 12, 2005
BE CAREFUL with Red Yeast Rice, as it is not FDA regulated, and the dosage is not consistant. The active ingredient, lovastatin or monacolin K, can mess with your liver enzymes.

See a doctor and get an Rx.

Have a speedy recovery Bob!

I only trust one brand. Red Yeast Rice is the natural version of the statins found in the prescription meds.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I only trust one brand. Red Yeast Rice is the natural version of the statins found in the prescription meds.

The dosage is not consistant, take this at your own risk, or take Rx version that has a regulated dose. I am not going to argue with you, please stop recommending supplements that may be hazardous to your liver if overdosed.

This is really not the thread to be having this conversation, I am sorry Bob.

Reactions: waytogo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks everyone for your wishes. I'm back home from the Hospital with a very sucessful operation, no damage to my heart but pretty damn sore. For those that know medical terms I had CABG X 4, LITA-LAD,RRA - OM1, RRA - Diagonal (Y graft off OM); SVG-PDA. The nurses were pretty and professional, and as per normal in Canada Doctors and nurses were from a dozen different countries. I met some great old guys in there and am feeling pretty blessed at the moment, but man my emotions are all over the place.

Reactions: SantiagoDR

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Great to see you back Bob. Glad all went well, may you have a wonderful new year

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks everyone for your wishes. I'm back home from the Hospital with a very sucessful operation, no damage to my heart but pretty damn sore. For those that know medical terms I had CABG X 4, LITA-LAD,RRA - OM1, RRA - Diagonal (Y graft off OM); SVG-PDA. The nurses were pretty and professional, and as per normal in Canada Doctors and nurses were from a dozen different countries. I met some great old guys in there and am feeling pretty blessed at the moment, but man my emotions are all over the place.

It's great to "see" you here Bob, welcome back!

AE

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

Welcome back!:bunny:

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Welcome back, Bob! I have "some" idea of what you've been through.

I just spent the last three days at the hospital with my dad's triple bypass. Amazingly he's back on his feet and home now, less than 96 hours after he was on the operating table.... and at the age of 77!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!