Starting the journey...help me!!!!

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Amazing, over 20 posts later (counting the ones that were moved) and only one person even tried to answer your original question:

My question is, as long as he has his proof of being single, can we marry here?
All the other posts gave you unsolicited advice about your romance. Fortunately, your situation (as you stated in your initial post) allows your romance to follow a more traditional path.

Regarding your question, my suggestion is to consult an immigration lawyer in Canada to answer your questions. The cost for a consultation should be minimal, the information obtained priceless.

dprasociad

Feb 9, 2004
Fiance visa and other information

bill11 said:
LouLou,
...immigration to canada but on american immigration laws

... you apply for fianse"s visa and .

No such thing in Canada.

If you shack up in Canada.... you are married . that is the end of it!

NOW there are differences at the end of a relationship because each Province has different laws related to how the split is governed (in case of :separation, divorce Kids / No kids......

Loulou has to just imagine that she is meeting somebody that is legaly in Canada,

They move together. What happens, nothing special. She just follows the usual normal laws.

Now we know she knew the gentlemen before. That does not change anything.

Area of concern are related to any possible scam in relation to the application for the work permit. Immigration may want to kick him out.

No problems : they annouce that they are spouses. In Canada you do not need a piece of paper for that.

If he is a spouse than he can stay in Canada. (but he cannot work!) or go to school until he get the residence (takes 6 months to a year).

Yes he can stay , Rules changed recently .

So the question remains; does he already have family in Canada. If yes

they will help him integrate (one girl I new lost the husband because the cousin already in Canada introduced him to the GIRLS.)

No family then no problem: He become a regular cat ONLY driven by hormones.

If he is quiet now he should remain the same.

Thus any thing bad that happened is the same as if Loulou got involved with the guy next door.

She has got to be ready (and she seems ready) to talk and PAY for a lawyers advice.

Her own divorce is too far in the past.

The rules have changed..

She may have to give him an alimony. She will have to give him half of her pension fund. (Prenuptial means nothing starting the day you move in the same room.)

I say "will have" not "maybe will have" because only 30 percent of marriage last a life time.

YOU ARE BETTER TO RENT " a relationship DO NOT BUY!

see a LAWYER and pay big before. Not about immigration. NO problems there as explained above.

Prepare your split se the LAWYER and pay for advice. .

AND for you expert there, unless you live in the same city and are lawyer do not give advice.
-----and this note that you are reading now is not advice, just an expression of concern to a mature young woman.---

WISH her luck and love . I DO.

NOW my odds.
30 to one they split after the first child.
50 to one they spli before end of year 2006.