Status Changed to Decision Made...Visa to Canada

mona

Aug 19, 2005
I am sooo excited! My husbands on line status finally changed to Medicals Received and Decision Made all in one day. This being today Dec.24.07.

Just to recap, my timeline went as follows:

June 13.07 Approved as sponsor
July 25.07 In process
Nov 28.07 Interview-Dropped off passport
Dec 24.07 Medicals Received and Decision Made.

My question today is.....How long should I expect to wait for him to hear that he is able to pick up his Visa?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What a nice present, Merry Christmas.

Others have written it takes a week or two. All the best

castro

Jul 5, 2007
I'm so happy for you girl !!!!

I'm so happy for you Mona. Even though you called me today to tell me before I read it. Merry Chirstmas, to bad it was'nt Santos coming too for Christmas. Talk to you Thursday let's cross our fingers and hope they are both on the same plane . And we all can hook up at the airport and finally meet. Talk to you soon.

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Hi Ladybird, the country we applied from is Canada. We live in Ontario, one hour north of Toronto. I can only hope he can be here for the New Year.
However I am not holding my breath. I am just happy knowing it will be some time soon.

Oh and Castro that would be funny if they came at the same time....lol

castro

Jul 5, 2007
I really don't understand how this whole thing works. Because they still never changed my status on line. It still does not say medical recieved..... why not. But yet, he got the call to pick up his passport. I really don't care if it changes so long as when he picks up his passport the visa is inside!!!!

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Patience Needed

Wow...it has been 2 full weeks since our on-line status has changed and still we have heard nothing from Haiti.

I don't understand this, everything that I have read from other posters tell me that it should have been by now that I heard something.

I guess I am a little concerned and should probably take a deep breath....but still?????

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Great News

Great News......I just got an e-mail from Haiti saying that my husband's visa was sent to Santo Domingo on Dec.31.07

Can Visas be picked up there any day of the week? Or is it just specific days that they hand these out?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hours for
Canadian Embassy, Santo Domingo
Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm

Telephone:1-809-685-1136 Fax:809-682-2691 Email:General: sdmgo@international.gc.ca

A quick call might be a good idea

Best of luck

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Thank-You

Thank-You Anna,

We did call (both of us) and they told Santo that he needed to just wait until he hears from them. I only got voice mail....lol

Hopefully, we will hear tomorrow.

mona

Aug 19, 2005
Finally

Finally.....My husband picked up his Visa yesterday and is going to be home (here in Canada) Friday.

I am grateful to all those that have helped me with any questions or concerns, and I am thinking of all of you that are still in the process.