Staying at a resort in Punta Cana

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Sounds like he got reaily good deal. I wish him the best of luck. Some things just work out right.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The villa that my cousin will be renting is a 1 Bedroom Unit.:glasses:

A one bedroom unit is not exactly a sprawling villa with a private pool, now we are getting somewhere!

How far of a walk is it to the beach?

Last edited:
Reactions: Chirimoya

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I had fun thinking about these lines:
"Last night I went for a walk the store. When I got to the corner their where cops everywhere. Come to find out two you thugs decide to hold up the bodega Store . The Bodega owner shot and killed both of them. "Unbelieviable" What Difference does that make?"

Well, for one thing, there are two less axxholes looking to rip off people..

good shooting!!!

As for the other thing, the 650$ place, I do not think this will be a paradise....sorry, just sort of the "Doubting Thomas" today (most every day, too!)

We'll see how this plays out...

BTW, just remember what you said: "...a beachfront villa for $650 a month." Wanna bet???

HB

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I have a question for the forum.

Is $15,000.00 USD worth staying at an all inclusive resort in Punta Cana for a month?

Here?s the scenario. I have a cousin who interested in moving to the Dominican Republic. He is planning on spending $15,000.00 USD to stay at a resort in Punta Cana for a month to make sure living in the Dominican Republic is something he wants to do.

I said to him last night in order for him to find out what it is like to live I the Dominican Republic, he is going to have to get out meet the people and live among them. And I don?t think he can experience their way of living staying at a resort especially for a month, but then again I may be wrong.

I suggested staying at the resort for a minimum of two weeks that should cost him roughly $3500.00 USD. And while he is on the resort venture out in the country, which will give him some expose to the Dominicans ways of living. If he his still considering living in the Dominican Republic. He can take the remanding balance of $11,500.00, find himself a safe and secure beach front villa in Punta Cana or surrounding areas pay rent for at least a 6 month minimum and still have money left over.

I asked him to come and stay with me for a while, when I move down in September he declined.

Any constructive criticism
:glasses:

Well since you appear to believe that lving in the DR is a mirror image of life in the US...and I am assuming your cousin is from the US, I fail to see what information you are trying to gather here on this board since you know all the stats down pat.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
650.00 a month for a frontbeach property, and the cousin already gave the $1,000.00 downpayment, I suspect somebody is drinking Blue Label and laughing really hard as we speak.

Reactions: Chirimoya

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If you give us the location, we could verify it for you. :)

I think you just called his bluff. Nice helpful offer like that from an experienced expat......most new folks would take you up on it immediately. They'd be falling over themselves to get that sort of direct help.

Did you notice something else? The English got worse when he was being corrected & then all of a sudden it improves noticeably.
What's the term? Chain puller?

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Staying at a resort in Punta

i think you just called his bluff. Nice helpful offer like that from an experienced expat......most new folks would take you up on it immediately. They'd be falling over themselves to get that sort of direct help.

did you notice something else? The english got worse when he was being corrected & then all of a sudden it improves noticeably.
What's the term? Chain puller?

wow!

ROFL!

"unbelievable"

Last edited:

Gersen40

Dec 11, 2008
Stay at a reort in Punta Cana.

Gersen..... stop fighting and try to LISTEN to what we are telling you.

Nah! that's ok........ROFL! ...........I'M FINE.:tired: Going forward I think it will be very beneficial, "At least on my behalf" If I need to find something else out. It is best that I figure it out on my own.

Last edited:

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
:glasses:

I just spoke with my cousin. He has just informed me that he has stayed at the Excellence Spa & Resort in Punta Cana for two weeks in September. The same resort he wants to spend $15,000.00 to stay at for a month.

Not to mention, he has also stated that during his two week stay @ The excellence Spa & Resort. He also made lots of friends with the employee?s who work there. A couple of his friends, who he does keep in touch with said to him if he decide to comes to back to the Dominican Republic and stay for a while. They will take him out into the country and meet the people. ?I had no idea he has done all of this?.

During his stay @ the Excellence Spa & Resort in September, he even applied for a job with the resort. He?s very skillful and I?m sure if not the Excellence Spa & Resort. He will be able to find a good job in the Dominican Republic.

I introduced my cousin to this website. After doing some research, he found a Long term Beach front villa in Punta Cana/Bavaro for Rent. The Realtor is asking $650.00 a Month Rent long term for a minimum of 6 months, which includes the following amenities listed below.

1- Furnished
2- Full Kitchen
3- Living Room
4- A/C
5- 24 HOURS Electricity
6- Free Internet & Cable
7- Hot Water
8- Etc
9- 1 ? Bathroom
10- Gated Community
11- Beach front

I said to him if you really feel safe and secure, with the friends you have made@ the Excellence Spa & Resort. Go back and stay another two weeks on their resort. And when it comes close to the time for you to leave the resort and you?re not ready. Then by all mean contact the Realtor, who has the 1 bedroom beach front villa for rent in Punta Cana/Bavaro and pray it?s unoccupied.

At least that way if he does decide to stay in the Dominican Republic he will have someplace to live. And if he chooses to occupy the 1 bedroom beach front villa in Punta/Bavararo. He will only be about an hour away from the Excellence Spa & Resort, which will allow him to be able to communicate and keep in contact, with all his friends who work there.

WOW! I wish I would have though about doing something like this.

What do you think Meregue or anyone else for that matter? It sounds like a plan to me. I also forwarded him the information you provided in reference to the realtor in Santo Domingo.:cheeky:

Hi Gersen40

If i am correct i think your cousin was in the chat room of dr1 quite alot until quite recently as alot of the information you have given sounds very familiar to me. I could be wrong but i helped him out with quite alot of information about the area.

You can get quite nice villas in the Sueno Verde community approx 30 mins from Excellence for about $750 a month but they are not beach front. I would get your cousin to double check the inforamtion he was given as $650 for a beach front villa including all ammeneties sounds too good to be true.

I would recommend he go to Higuey, A town about one hour from both Uvero Alto and Punta Cana and do his searching for properties from there. PM me if you want a list of hotels in the area and recomendations. He can find a very comfortable hotel in Higuey pay daily and really spend some time checking his options in Punta Cana at a fraction fo the price.

I will just add one thing, allthough i totally agree that Punta Cana is not the place to live if you want "The real DR", Sometimes people dont want the "real" DR, They want great beaches, great weather etc at a fraction of the cost of other caribbean destinations.