Steaks for barbecue

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Omaha steaks

nebraskamom said:
take it from nebraskhamom. they are online at omahasteaks.com. they ship every 24 hours! send them to that currier service in miami and you can have one for dinner in two nights!;)

Dry aged with absolutely no flavor. My father right now has a quarter of the freezer stuffed with, stripes,filet, boneless pork chop, stuff sole with crab. I've tried all and...... still the same overpriced with no flavor.

Now I'm a diehard cornhusker fan of many years.... and traveled to Lincoln, meanwhile staying with friends family in Omaha.... and never had a good steak. There's a hamburger joint there in Omaha that starts with a (R) that's a heck of a lot better.... now that's sad.

Sep 19, 2005
can I jumnp in and ask a question pertaining to steaks....why dont you get Filet mignon when you oder it in the DR?....I should have heeded my thoughts when i noticed that the filet wasnt the most exspensive choice on the menu!... what do they call the filet in the DR...and ...OR what is the best cut of meat in the DR?... As far as the animal goes the best cut shouldnt change because of where it is consumed!!....bob

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Unless it is imported, you can order Dominican Kobe and it will still taste like a Florsheim.

May 12, 2005
I have to agree with everyone about the quality of Dominican beef. It was quite disapointing being a steak lover. I only stick with pollo now when ordering dinner out unless at someplace with imported beef. Hopefully one day there will be a Dominican farmer smart enough to figure out how to raise beef cattle that yield tasty meat. Perhaps it has something to do with the feed given the cattle and the grasses where they graze.