Still searching for a payroll and tax accountant....

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Not an easy task for sure!!! Business registration is "in process" and should be completed in less than 30 days. Next step Payroll accountant.

Payroll accountant with established background and history wanted for two year project. English speaking would be a plus! Person or group will process payroll, pay employees (direct deposit) and taxes and all other related requirements under Dominican law. Please leave Whatsapp number or email address here. Thank you!!
😁
😎
🌴

Always having fun!!!!!
Thank you!

Comment

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
Thanks. I'm not sure it makes a difference in this situation. Project is near the capital, I live on the north coast. In the 21st century these things can be done via internet. I'll make periodic trips to the project site. So the accountant (I hope) can keep track of hours worked, pay hours worked, the taxes and other related, fixed expenses, and xfer money into the employees bank accounts, and give me the accounting each week. I know it seems simple but here we are!! LOL!!!! Oh...I should add all employees are Dominican Citizens. Gracias!!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Thanks. I'm not sure it makes a difference in this situation. Project is near the capital, I live on the north coast. In the 21st century these things can be done via internet. I'll make periodic trips to the project site. So the accountant (I hope) can keep track of hours worked, pay hours worked, the taxes and other related, fixed expenses, and xfer money into the employees bank accounts, and give me the accounting each week. I know it seems simple but here we are!! LOL!!!! Oh...I should add all employees are Dominican Citizens. Gracias!!
This sounds like simple spreadsheet stuff. What am I missing?

Nov 9, 2023
SC
If you find someone I would also demand direct access/login to this administration and not rely solely on general reports. Whether you use it or not for checking it may damper the temptation to “play” with numbers and payments.

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
I know right! But navigating Dominican labor and tax laws may be a challenge. Written in stone and seemly straight forward, and at the same time could change at the drop of a Presidente Normal. I though about this but really desire someone with current experience and a decant track record. gracias!

Reactions: NanSanPedro

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I have been looking at using an online accounting system called Alegra. It’s in Spanish and should be adapted to the DR. Does anyone here have experience with that system ? I would from next January start with it and get the basic plan for two users. I can then see it online and my partner and her administrative help - a freelancer - use it for invoicing with comprobante fiscal etc..

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Clearly you've never done Dominican payroll. Especially if he is going to set up a business which involves paying a Propina Legal, that would involve 3 separate pay calcs / runs per month. Payroll in DR is complicated, lots of little things to remember and no chance to correct anything if you enter it wrong the first time.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I would recommend to the OP that he / she posts on Aldaba.com, in English, which is a good recruitment site for DR. State that you're looking for an experienced payroll person with English. It's important to estimate the number of employees they will be paying, the number of hours per week required, and the pay. I've always used Aldaba for recruitment you get good people on there.

As a reminder it is illegal to employ someone unless they have a cédula. To get a login to TSS to process payroll, they'll need to have a cédula, so make this a requirement.

Reactions: JD Jones

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Payroll accountant with established background and history wanted for two year project.

Try LinkedIn and Instagram (many advertise there).

We found a few good Dominican accountants on LinkedIn, i.e., a connection of one of our connections.

The same thing worked on Instagram. Our attorney on Instagram initially said she didn't know a good accountant. However, we scrolled through her Instagram followers and found one of them was an accountant with the tax expertise we needed.

When we told her we found and worked with one of her IG followers, she said she knew him well but never recommends professionals to anyone just in case. We do the same.

Reactions: aarhus

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Try LinkedIn and Instagram (many advertise there).

We found a few good Dominican accountants on LinkedIn, i.e., a connection of one of our connections.

The same thing worked on Instagram. Our attorney on Instagram initially said she didn't know a good accountant. However, we scrolled through her Instagram followers and found one of them was an accountant with the tax expertise we needed.

When we told her we found and worked with one of her IG followers, she said she knew him well but never recommends professionals to anyone just in case. We do the same.
That's very common here. The rule instead of the exception.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not an easy task for sure!!! Business registration is "in process" and should be completed in less than 30 days. Next step Payroll accountant.

Payroll accountant with established background and history wanted for two year project. English speaking would be a plus! Person or group will process payroll, pay employees (direct deposit) and taxes and all other related requirements under Dominican law. Please leave Whatsapp number or email address here. Thank you!!
😁
😎
🌴

Always having fun!!!!!
Thank you!

Comment

I have a neighbor who got her degree in accounting not too long ago. Would you be interested in somebody like that?

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
In Sosua, on calle Alejo Martinez, on the left side of Amarone Restaurant(formally Bologna), is a great Accounting firm. Lugo and associates.