stolen stuff

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Identity Stolen

My total identity was stolen here. I don't remember who I was before arriving and cannot find myself when returning to my place of origin. It was a grand theft.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
- one big propane tank, an orange one! ... stolen by a DR1 poster's sankie in front of my eyes. I was too stunned to open my mouth.

OMG Chris! I would imagine that DR1'r is no longer on DR1!!! Marlie

LOL, she is here! Some people are weird!

You mean................someone whose sankie stole your propane tank is posting on a forum where YOU are a moderator? Did she KNOW her sankie did this? Is she a young kid or a mature person? Has she offered restitution? Apologised? If 'no' to the last two.................can we have a Nals poll to discover whom? :laugh::laugh:

Caz

May 15, 2004
Never anything stolen or borrowed here but a large quantity stolen from our container transshipped and repacked through Miami, but the very worse place for thievery was Australia. We had a wallet stolen in Sydney, swimwear and childrens clothes stolen from the washingline in both Sydney and Melbourne - unbelieveable!! We put it down to drugs as the beaches at both Coogee and Bondai were littered with syringes.

Caz

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Gollie, you guys make me feel like something is wrong with me.

I had my wedding shoes stolen the night of my wedding, RD400 and recently my housemaid's husband stole a couple of parts of of the pasola and a screwdriver, talk about stupid! I'm sure he doesn't wonder why I no longer don't ask him for help at the house or send a bottle of rum or beer once in a while.

I did have someone try to lift my wallet at an Aguilas game reaching for the back pocket, as usually I was prepared and had it in the front - it was a very large crowd with a lot of pushing and it was difficult to even look behind me to give them a good scowl. I generally won't let people feel comfortable enough around me to touch me other than a handshake, if they try a serious look of displeasure is usually enough - believe me I can be quite scary looking - like my dad said "you is ooogly"! :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
definitely - one sock - we know the cat did it but we never got out of him where he took it.
almost - handbag with 40 pesos in it (plus cedula plus bank cards) but i fought thief bravely.
oh yes, and about 15 pounds.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
My quest for 2008 is not to complain. But since you asked....

1. Designer lingerie came up missing after allowing someone to come clean my house. Now, despite how much I hate doing it, I clean my house myself.

2. The spare tire cover was taken off the tire that is attached to the back of my CRV.

Oh well.....

:ermm:

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Well, that?s a pretty small list for a bunch of gringos in a place supposedly rife with thieves! I am sure that there is more that has gone unposted or unnoticed, but it might be fun and educational to keep this thread around and updated.
<<< few of mine: gasoline from my bike, a few cell phones left sitting out and strangely, a plane ticket paid for with a credit card on the dominican American Airlines telephone line. Got to the airport and my ex-girlfriend wasn't in the computer. Luckily we got her on a plane the next day(yikes, what a long night), but the charge for the one way ticket showed up in Santa Barbara , CA in a boutique.