Stop and Frisk, Boca Chica

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
First time today on the beach street, I was walking and saw 2 motorcyce cops stop and frisk two 20 something dudes who were doing nothing. I have seen videos of it on Instagram from San Francisco de Macoris, but this is the first time I have seen it locally. The 2 guys didn't seem to mind and none of the vids I've seen from SFdM show the recipients of this becoming angry or belligerent. I guess it's just part of the culture but I would hate it being done to me.

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
Happened to me after a shooting in san pedro. My friend and I fit the description (two black guys) while sitting on the malecon.

It was at least 40 police officers. Not a good moment. Most of my encounters with the police have been smooth after they realize I'm American but these guys were rude.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There was a mention in the media a few months ago that Dominican law authorities will apply the “if you look like you can be a criminal” thry will stop you and see if they find anything. Of course, it leaves the question of what exactly are you looking for when deciding someone can be a criminal?

What if the people that have naturally “hard faces” (soneone thqt are fine but don’t notice the face they make seems as if they are angry, so other avoid them.) Thkngs are not always what they seem.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Happened to me after a shooting in san pedro. My friend and I fit the description (two black guys) while sitting on the malecon.

It was at least 40 police officers. Not a good moment. Most of my encounters with the police have been smooth after they realize I'm American but these guys were rude.
If the witnesses say that the shooters were black, then all the black guys caught will be frisk by the police.

If eyewitnesses say the shooters were wearing a chain, expect everyone wearing a chain to be frisk by the police.

If eyewitnesses say the shooter had a beard, expect all the guys with beards to be frisk by the police.

If eyewitnesses say the shooter lookedlike a white expat, then…

If eyewitnesses say the shooter had a pseudo police uniform, then…

Dominican police tends to be straight forward when it comes to this.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This is normal PN behavior.
Doesn't matter who you are or where you are from. Been that way for years.

Reactions: banzai

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
If the witnesses say that the shooters were black, then all the black guys caught will be frisk by the police.

If eyewitnesses say the shooters were wearing a chain, expect everyone wearing a chain to be frisk by the police.

If eyewitnesses say the shooter had a beard, expect all the guys with beards to be frisk by the police.

If eyewitnesses say the shooter lookedlike a white expat, then…

If eyewitnesses say the shooter had a pseudo police uniform, then…

Dominican police tends to be straight forward when it comes to this.
Didn't suggest there was any form of discrimination or malpractice. I live on their land and play by their rules.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Didn't suggest there was any form of discrimination or malpractice. I live on their land and play by their rules.
I can name dozens of neighborhoods across this country if the PN see you walking day or night they are going to stop and frisk you and if it's after 11pm anywhere in this country they will stop and frisk you just about anywhere.

Reactions: chicagoan14

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Dolores used to be a fashion designer in Europe (Spain decades ago). You see her fixed up occasionally on the street. When she's drunk you will know... and she understand English so be careful.:D

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I once was instrumental in saving her life once years ago when I intervened between her and a very drunk driver who tried to shoot her.
If you ask her about it I'm sure she'll remember. It was a big deal in BC back in the day and probably one of the stupidest things I've done in my life.

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy and tht