studio apt juan dolio

giallo

Nov 17, 2006
looking to buy a studio apt in juan dolio close to the beach,need info and who to talk to. will be there in july to look and buy if possible. any help will be appreciated

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
There are studio apts for sale in MAr Azul on the main boulevard at the san pedro end. When you get here go into the colmado in Mar Azul (everyone knows where it is) and ask for Matilda. I'll give you as much info as I can and point you in the right direction.

matilda

giallo

Nov 17, 2006
do you know the range of prices for these studios i have friend that might be interested in one. also is the difference in price for a one bedroom worth it

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Studio go for 25-40,000us$ here in this end of Juan Dolio - older buildings on other side of road to sea. One bed apts around 60-90,000. There is one old 2 bed for sale at 30,000 but needs work doing. Nice 2 bed for sale for 60,000. Again needs some work. Once you hit the new buildings which are beach front they are 150,000 to 500,000!!! You really need to look around.

giallo

Nov 17, 2006
thank you very much for the info and and your help i will be there mid july for a week and i will go see you i am familiar with juan dolio but never thought of buying till now,thanks again

lumiere987

Jul 4, 2007
Walk the streets of Juan Dolio; go to Irene's cafe and meet the expats. There are hundreds of new condos for sale and apts for rent. Keep away from the real estate agents! You will find great prices!

caribicanna

Nov 18, 2007
Mar Azul

I would not suggest any foreigner to rent or buy Mar Azul apartments in building B. They are tiny, hot (the ones without air conditioning), full of mosquitoes, roaches, tubes always leak. And the rent is high. There's no planta. So if there's no light in Juan Dolio, there's no light in Mar Azul. The place may seem peaceful at first, but Dominicans who come there for holidays or on weekends with their kids are very noisy. Parties and music all day till 12 or 1 in the morning. Also the music from colmado (minimarket) is very loud sometimes. You have to pay extra to use the pool. :ermm:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
1. Not that small but are studios
2. Anywhere is hot without aircon
3. Use mozzie spray
4. rent is the cheapest in JD depends who the owner is
5. True there are parties when Dominican owners are there
6. Music from colmado is no that high - if it bothers you just ask to turn it down and colmado shuts at 10pm
7. If yr landlord pays maintenance thenpool is free. If you have to pay then the security guard is making money on the side - more fool you

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com
1. Not that small but are studios
2. Anywhere is hot without aircon
3. Use mozzie spray
4. rent is the cheapest in JD depends who the owner is
5. True there are parties when Dominican owners are there
6. Music from colmado is no that high - if it bothers you just ask to turn it down and colmado shuts at 10pm
7. If yr landlord pays maintenance thenpool is free. If you have to pay then the security guard is making money on the side - more fool you

that was clear :rambo:

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
:laugh: ...may be when Matilda is not there ( ? )

Very probably!!!! But it does shut at 10 and they will always turn it down if it bothers anyone!!! Here you get what you pay for and 200US$ a month rent or 25-40,000us$ to buy is the cheapest you will get somewhere in the new South Beach of the Caribbean!!! You pays your money and takes your choice!!! And if you rent somewhere where the landlord doesn't pay maintenance (1000rd$ a month) then they will get upset about you using the pool. And there is a great planta - but none of the owners (48 apts) will pay for the new wiring - about 7000 rd$ each as most are only there at weekends and the electricity doesn't go off that much. Still next time I am sure the OP will stay at Costa del Sol!!:bunny: