Suicide

Jul 28, 2014
I hate pedophiles more than anything.

There used to be lots in Sosua as you probably know Sea, 5+ years ago when walking Pedro Clisante at night, there were more than a few GIRLS (and I truly mean GIRLS) working the streets, and guys accompanying them.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
The financial strains have lessened? I think they have increased, in the old days they didn't have diapers, milk formula etc etc.
Even though life has become more "comfortable" it also has become more expensive.

that *might very well be true, because everywhere in the world has been a victim of cultural imperialism, and the American disease of consumerism has infected everyone. so, in days of yore, people were not struggling to buy 30,000 peso Sansun Galasi cellphones, paying for dataplans so they can send idiotic text messages, and Jordan sneakers. you are correct.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
that *might very well be true, because everywhere in the world has been a victim of cultural imperialism, and the American disease of consumerism has infected everyone. so, in days of yore, people were not struggling to buy 30,000 peso Sansun Galasi cellphones, paying for dataplans so they can send idiotic text messages, and Jordan sneakers. you are correct.

If they don't have the phone, how will they know what their 1,563 "friends" had for lunch that day?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If they don't have the phone, how will they know what their 1,563 "friends" had for lunch that day?

there you go. and they have to do this seven days a week, even though their friends eat the same thing seven days a week.

but here is the rub. next week, none of their 1563 friends are still their friends, and they have 1605 new friends.

Apr 7, 2014
one of the articles i mentioned indicates that the man is older than "married" girl by 10 years or more in 24% of cases. that means that most of the "husbands" are guys in their twenties or so. not what i would call "older conman".
But they also dont have that many resources. A 27 year old man here MAY have a job and a moto but in any case it is probably Franks recollection. The older dude with eyes for a prepubescent beauty gets her by her family convincing her he could take car of her and give her things.

It may not have been extensive sexual abuse. Their may have been familial isolation or other things.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

And I thought it was about iPhones. There is a British TV show, Black Mirror, which deals with this situation as only they can.