Had a great time.
Nobody dropped in the street
from Covid. Things are
finally getting back to
normal.

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
The videos ive seen were mindblowing. They were literally celebrating in the streets screaming the there is no coronavirus here.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The videos ive seen were mindblowing. They were literally celebrating in the streets screaming the there is no coronavirus here.

I just saw one of the celebrations in Piantini. Looked like a rock concert.

Reactions: CristoRey

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
There was a politcal rally with a LOT of opposing party people out here in Puerto Plata but I have NEVER seen so many people/traffic on the Malecon with the possible exception of Carnival.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Very noisy in the neighborhood this past weekend. lots of music an shrieking girls.

Noise I can handle, use the paper napkins from the cold beer bottle to block eardrums. Music as long as its merengue, Tipico. or bachata which works well dancing with those sheiking chicas... Fun for all, mask 100% required, hand sanitizer in the pocket, along with the gold label wrap or two for afterwards....

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There was a politcal rally with a LOT of opposing party people out here in Puerto Plata but I have NEVER seen so many people/traffic on the Malecon with the possible exception of Carnival.
I saw the video. Never seen anything like it either. Unbelievable.

Reactions: Garyexpat

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
All quiet in Cabarete centre last night.

We ate at Alicia??? not sure of the name it was our first time but it is through the gate on the non ocean side. It was pretty good and nice to sit and eat in a restaurant like a free human being. I have been eating in a few spots in Sosua and also in Puerto Plata. Yes Cabarete was VERY quiet when we were leaving.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
The out come of this is not going to be good..... Put your chin strap on folks its going to get nasty.....