Supermarket Information

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
At Tropical, where I usually go, they have several local brands of peanut butter. I haven?t tried them all, but noticed most of the brands are made in Bonao..

Lurch

Aug 8, 2003
I think I'll stay with the branded companies, R.D. "butter" is beyond vile. :cross-eye

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
TexasBill, Playero in Sosua has a good supply of corned beef in cans.

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Ken said:
TexasBill, Playero in Sosua has a good supply of corned beef in cans.

Yea, they've done a good job with the store - it's nice and big now :glasses:

I'm still buying my shampoo and conditioner at the pharmacy though as Playero doesn't carry TRESemme ....... yet.

Stay well,
Amy

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
BooHoo

Carina, I knew it!!!! I rushed to Tropical and they had sold out of Baked beans. But they are also stocking Heinz tomato ketchup and brown sauce. There was lots of interesting new imported favourites. Whats the name of the lady at Tropical Carina? Perhaps she could order more.
If anyone sees more baked beans pm me pleaseeeeeeeeee. My final dream would be Cadburys Dairy milk chocolate.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Ladybird said:
Carina, I knew it!!!! I rushed to Tropical and they had sold out of Baked beans. But they are also stocking Heinz tomato ketchup and brown sauce. There was lots of interesting new imported favourites. Whats the name of the lady at Tropical Carina? Perhaps she could order more.
If anyone sees more baked beans pm me pleaseeeeeeeeee. My final dream would be Cadburys Dairy milk chocolate.

Didn't know you were looking for Heinz catsup. Lots of it at Playero.

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Ladybird said:

You want beans AND chocolate!! Alots of wishes... And I completely understand you!!
I have to go to Tropical tomorrow morning - my teenager and his friends have made the fridge look empty again..
( Funny how they say when they rent a dvd.. it?s just 50 pesos, that?s nothing for all of us compared to the cinema... Heck it is, with 7 friends it is 1050 pesos at least with the food, sodas, snacks...!!! LOL! )

I check in with the lady tomorrow morning, I don?t remember her name, but I wrote down your chocolate and beans on a post-it note for her already!!
If there is any chocolate or beans I?ll buy it for you and come to your place with a truck or a cargo plane! ;)

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hohoho

carina said:
You want beans AND chocolate!! Alots of wishes... And I completely understand you!!
I have to go to Tropical tomorrow morning - my teenager and his friends have made the fridge look empty again..
( Funny how they say when they rent a dvd.. it?s just 50 pesos, that?s nothing for all of us compared to the cinema... Heck it is, with 7 friends it is 1050 pesos at least with the food, sodas, snacks...!!! LOL! )

I check in with the lady tomorrow morning, I don?t remember her name, but I wrote down your chocolate and beans on a post-it note for her already!!
If there is any chocolate or beans I?ll buy it for you and come to your place with a truck or a cargo plane! ;)

Thank you Carina, I'll forgive you, because of your info on the baked beans, I ended up spending over 6000 pesos on all the goodies at Tropical when I went looking for them. Now Im skint! The least you could do is give me a little tin!!!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Ladybird said:
Thank you Carina, I'll forgive you, because of your info on the baked beans, I ended up spending over 6000 pesos on all the goodies at Tropical when I went looking for them. Now Im skint! The least you could do is give me a little tin!!!

I was at Tropical this morning.. the lady was not there ( she was doing her "Friday-manicure" they said... ), anyway I talked a man from the management and asked him to keep the beans in stock, he checked in his computer and it is already ordered to be in the regular stock..

Your life will become easier soon! He said within next week the beans will be regular at Tropical.. and many people have asked for them, so not only you or me!!

;)