support for single mothers

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Does such a thing exist in the DR? Does the government have any assistance in place for this scenario? There seems to be a lot of single mothers here!

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Not that I have heard of but I do know the Catholic Church groups that help out the mothers and their kids what they should really do is put the deadbeat Fathers that are on the corner drinking president all day in jail....

Bob would probably know more about this

Reactions: Unit5

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There's a minors court that goes after deadbeat dads when the mother reports them. Most of the mothers don't want to put the father in jail because then how could he give them money? I know, catch 22.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Does such a thing exist in the DR? Does the government have any assistance in place for this scenario? There seems to be a lot of single mothers here!
I don't think there's anything for single mothers specifically, but there are "poverty-programs" that anyone below a certain income limit can apply for and they'll get a modest monetary help, not much but it's a couple of thousand pesos I think. My wife has a few relatives who get this help, and it's just for basic needs such as basic food items, cooking gas, and so on.

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
There may also be the fear of retribution..
100% agree. Even if they get a sentence, i have seen cases were alleged fathers were sentenced to 2000 Peso a moth for child support. That's an insult. But i have to add; Usually the young folks her don't think to much about with whom to have children. If girls would spend the same amount of time on electing the father of their child, that they spend on choosing their salon, things would be much better. And young guys spend way more time on choosing which motor to buy than on whom to get pregnant. You can;t save anybody. If the government asists to much, they just make even more kids. I'm tha A...h... again; They did not ask for any help when making the child, so why now ???:

Reactions: Big

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm tha A...h... again; They did not ask for any help when making the child, so why now ???:
Well now that you mention it...you are. Your words mi fren. Goes well with killing all Haitians on sight prevouly posted. Go Rambo go.:rolleyes:

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Well now that you mention it...you are. Your words mi fren. Goes well with killing all Haitians on sight prevouly posted. Go Rambo go.:rolleyes:
You are more than welcome to give them all your hard earned $$$. What do you thing where the government aid comes from ? Our Taxes !
More poor they are, more kid's they have. I'm sick of it ! Can't feed them = Don't make them !!!

Reactions: Seamonkey and Big

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
I'm not sure how it works but my brother in law, in his 'post' with current government, does give out aid money to single mothers. I hear about it from my husband as my S.I.L. goes there monthly to get some $ for her, over 20 year old, kids. We both shake our heads.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You are more than welcome to give them all your hard earned $$$. What do you thing where the government aid comes from ? Our Taxes !
More poor they are, more kid's they have. I'm sick of it ! Can't feed them = Don't make them !!!
I am glad to pay any taxes that I owe various agencies. A very important man, 2000 years ago said "Well, then pay to the emperor what belongs to the emperor...".
If you don't want to pay taxes there are choices. 1) Break the law.2) Challenge the law in court 3) Lay down and shoot yourself in the temple.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
people love to spend other peoples money.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I'm not sure how it works but my brother in law, in his 'post' with current government, does give out aid money to single mothers. I hear about it from my husband as my S.I.L. goes there monthly to get some $ for her, over 20 year old, kids. We both shake our heads.
Since I/WE don't know about his tax situation....maybe he claims them

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
would it be possible to get more information on which department offers the assistance? I know a single mom with a 3 and 4 year old in need of support.

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Since I/WE don't know about his tax situation....maybe he claims them
would it be possible to get more information on which department offers the assistance? I know a single mom with a 3 and 4 year old in need of support.
I'll ask, about the program, when I get a chance. The kids aren't his but his niece and nephew who my husband and I have basically supported for most of their lives, at least their housing and schooling. My sister in law would never go after their father for support.

Reactions: Unit5

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
in all honest she is probably looks for help from you ..

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
The program is called SUPERATE. Not sure what dept. offers this assistance. You have to apply for it. I am not sure what the monthly benefit is but if approved you receive a card which you can use to pay for gas, electricity, groceries.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There are more single mothers here than married ones. Thank God for the Abuela's here though...........
There are definitely more single mothers in this country than there are men who are willing to use a condem.

I've met a few who have tried going through the courts in order to get money. I understand why so many choose not too.

Reactions: RDKNIGHT

Unit5

Jun 3, 2022
Ontario, Canada
The program is called SUPERATE. Not sure what dept. offers this assistance. You have to apply for it. I am not sure what the monthly benefit is but if approved you receive a card which you can use to pay for gas, electricity, groceries.
Thank you scotia. will give that a try...