Tap Water

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Drro
Doesn't your water come from a well? It may be better quality than City water if it hasn't been standing in a tank too long and to be honest I wouldn't think such a small amount will not do you much harm!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks. Our water doesn't come from the city - I don't think - we have our own tank. I feel pretty good (although I'm told parasites can live within for a long time). I'm in good health and take great care of myself so I'n hoping my body is used to the little bit I got and that it isn't a big deal.

I posted to get reassurance that I was OK and that I needn't do much about it.

Regards

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
A little bit shouldnt hurt. Don't get worked up until you actually feel something. Out of habit i actually chugged a bunch of tap water. I had just gotten up, and drank straight from the tap (common in Canada, or Uruguay), then about 20 seconds later i realized what I had done, woops. Luckily I didnt have any problems.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
your body will not adjust to the water here

Say what????

One's body will adjust to the water here, just like anywhere else in the world.

We use the tap water out of the cistern to brush out teeth, wash dishes and rinse salads with no noticeable effects. I probably shock the cistern a few times a year with chlorine when it smells of fish too much.