Taxi co. and fares from S.D. Airport to Juan Dolio

K

Katia

I will be visiting my fiancee on May 13 until the 20th of May (We are getting married on May 17th, 2000). He might be working on my arrival date in Juan Dolio. Can anyone tell me of any taxi companies and their fares from Las Americas Airport in Santo Domingo to Playa Real Hotel in Juan Dolio. A phone number or name would be helpful.

Thanking you in advance,

Katia

U

Uwe

Re: Taxi co. and fares from S.D. Airport to Juan D

hi there will be many taxi`s waiting for you at the airport perhaps 20 - 25 $ will do it

have a nice time Uwe

J

Jim Hinsch

See http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Surf/1952/ or click on the link below for a recommended transportation service. They will meet you at the airport, speak perfect English, and can orientate you to the area. Write Chris by Email: drtrippers@hotmail.com, or call 809-292-8128.

Jim Hinsch JimHinsch@CSI.COM

K

Kat

I have visited Juan Dolio on many occassions as my now husband used to live in San Pedro and when I visited before we married I always stayed in Juan Dolio. You shouldn't need to pay more than about ?15/US$20 for a taxi but negotiate the price before you get into the cab! Also don't let the guys in blue shirts swindle you for money if they get hold of your luggage from terminal to taxi - if you can persevere and take it yourself - if not don't pay them more than a couple of dollars!

As I said I met my husband out there when I was on holiday - he was a barman and two years later he is here living with me in the UK - it was a struggle but well worth it. It can work if you listen to both your head and your heart and not to too many other people! I have met some real casanovas out there who are looking only for a way out of the country but there are a few diamonds amongst them! My best friend also married a Dominican - my husbands best friend - and he is also here with her now.

Good luck to you Katia - if you need any advise or moral support don't hesitate to contact me.

Katerina

B

bert&mary

Re: Taxi fare decameron beach

Please e-mail me the approximate fare to Decameron Beach Resort from International Airport

Thank you!