Taxi Drivers Make More Than Public Hospital Doctors

May 12, 2005
37009501.jpg

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I think you are wrong. If unemployment rises then so does crime and the natural domino effect makes your issues anal. I'd have to check into some of the other stuff you have written, as although most of my extended family are drivers, I am not aware of some of these pointers you claim. And I prefer to take my info from the ground and not newspapers or online, especially in DR And again, pointless as it is not going to happen. Pointless debate. Hate them as much as you like, they aren't going anywhere, so learn to love or stay irritated:tired:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
People who put so much into complaining about driving in a foreign country, tend often to still have their 'L' plates on when it comes to driving internationally. Nothing at all wrong with that, but does tend to be the case, and makes sense.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Is that going to happen?
Would a proper PT network really create more jobs than publicos take up?
If they did, would those wages really be equal to that which is made as a Publico driver?
Could the fares charged be as low as publico journeys cost?

NO!

I think people like what they need, and they like publicos because they need them. Again, these comments you talk of do not represent the general public, just as opinion on here does not. Why? because you are not the people who use them. When you have no option, you will like them.

It's not going to happen and so pointless debate:glasses:
The fact that you HAVE to use them doesn't mean you LIKE them. No one enjoys having to travel every day in a can of sardines. Plus, they're not safe. If you can avoid using them, that's what you'd look forward to.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The fact that you HAVE to use them doesn't mean you LIKE them. No one enjoys having to travel every day in a can of sardines. Plus, they're not safe. If you can avoid using them, that's what you'd look forward to.

Yes, and I'd prefer a Porche to the L200, but not the point, not affordable or viable on the city streets.
As the alternative for the general population would be to walk or lose their job, I think you will find they will tell you which they like the best. They are not safe? Well, many would say driving in general is not safe, although I disagree with that if you are accustomed to road ethic of where ever you are.
The point is that people do not agree with the opinion that 'they all must go', it is simply not true. Some may think this who do not use them, but the overwhelming majority do not. Sure, they would all love leather seats and A/C, but for 25pesos they are happy with that they have, and wouldn't even rather pay more for a better quality of transport.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
My wife's cousin drives a tourist taxi in Santo Domingo and he owns his car, an early 1990 Hyundai that is still in very good condition with good AC. His daughter is a doctor, currently employed in a public hospital but also works in a private clinic ( eye doctor) She told my wife that she makes 34,000 pesos per month at the hospital.
Her dad will not say how much he makes but I'd say based on his average day he grosses around 3000 per day, and then he has to pay his expenses. I think he makes as much on his side line as a loan-shark. They are fortunate that they have rented the same house/apartment for 30 years just off Ave Mexico near San Carlos.