Taxi from Punta Cana to Cabarete

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me how much I would pay in a taxi from Punta Cana Airport to Cabarete please??

I know POP is closer but have found a REALLY good deal on the internet and need to weigh up the costs.....

Many thanks x x

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi guys,

Could anyone tell me how much I would pay in a taxi from Punta Cana Airport to Cabarete please??

I know POP is closer but have found a REALLY good deal on the internet and need to weigh up the costs.....

Many thanks x x
Best guess is $300 US. (7 to 10 hours, depending on driver and traffic)
Cheaper to fly.
There's a flight from PUJ into POP airport, which is 20 minutes and a $25 taxi ride from Cabarete, for $150 or less.

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
God that was fast Rocky...thanks for the advise. Can I book the connecting flight via the internet??

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are other option, of course.
Bus to Santo Domingo, then taxi to Metro or Caribe Tour station, the bus to Puerto Plata or Sos?a, then taxi to your hotel.

Cost: Maybe $55?

HB

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
Rocky, thanks a million for the link......I have checked the landing time for my flight and unfortunately I would land at 7.30pm and the daily flight to POP is at 6.30pm. But the link may come in handy for future flights x x x

Hillbilly.....that is a great alternative, unfortunately I will be travelling with my friend and her 6 week old baby so would not be practical on this occasion but will keep in mind for future flights x x x

MissionDoc

Dec 16, 2006
Evidently Marco...
Not sure why folks don't sit down and look at map and ask the domestic travel questions first prior to booking "that really cheap airfare that I just couldn't turn down". I am sure there will be a future "Can I catch a taxi to PC from POP airport? I got this really good deal to fly into POP....and Oh by the way I am staying 5 days"......

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Evidently Marco...
Not sure why folks don't sit down and look at map and ask the domestic travel questions first prior to booking "that really cheap airfare that I just couldn't turn down". I am sure there will be a future "Can I catch a taxi to PC from POP airport? I got this really good deal to fly into POP....and Oh by the way I am staying 5 days"......
I actually have the answer to that.
If you look at a world map, to what appears to be a tiny Caribbean island, one would not think that it could take that long to get from one end to the other.
That's why the question will continually be asked, and hopefully, answered.

bettebo

Aug 6, 2006
Missiondoc, i love this forum, but it's people like you that give sarcastic replies with no helpful advise that really **** me off.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Also, "as the crow flies" Cabarete and PUJ aren't all that far apart, but as there's no alternative roads, going through SD is the only option, which you may not expect if you looked at a basic map of the DR...

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Also, "as the crow flies" Cabarete and PUJ aren't all that far apart, but as there's no alternative roads, going through SD is the only option, which you may not expect if you looked at a basic map of the DR...
That's a very good point.
Driving must be close to double the mileage of a direct line between the two.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
And you gotta add that "roads" on the map are often not really roads at all!!

Just to make thing more interesting.....

But it is so much fun to travel around here!!

Rocky, I am waiting for that invite to go four-wheeling...

HB

Joke: My boy, the doc, is a four wheeler nut and has a great rig. This weekend he was out in the hills northwest of Santiago, and he saw this yellow pick up on jacks. Only later did he find out it was one of his brothers that was traveling with the owner. They had hit a rock or something and broke the oil pan (losing the oil is not good) and were stuck in the truck for the night!!! they got it fixed the next day but that can ruin the heck out of a jaunt into the hills....

HEHEHE

selmabg

Oct 29, 2006
taxi

Have always taken the transfers from pop to Playa Dorado and this ti e I don't think we have them. How's the best way to deal with taking a taxi? Should arrangements with a taxi service be made before arrial day?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Have always taken the transfers from pop to Playa Dorado and this ti e I don't think we have them. How's the best way to deal with taking a taxi? Should arrangements with a taxi service be made before arrial day?
Plenty of taxis waiting at the airport. The posted fare to Playa Dorada is US $25.00.